baby, im yours

★ LORELAI ★

August 4th
1998

"Lori! Lori! I found the blue!" Faye comes stumbling into the room, very obviously exhausted.

"Really!" I spring up from my chair, annoying the woman behind me who is trying to do my hair.

"Here!" Faye rushes up to me, placing a small object in my hand.

I open my fist, seeing a small blue object sit on my palm.

"Faye... Is this a gum wrapper?!" I drop the crumpled up piece of foil onto the floor, wiping my hand on my leg.

"Don't drop it!" She falls to the ground, picking up the trash. "It's all I could find!"

"Faye! The 'something blue' is like the most important one! Without it, who knows what will happen!" I begin pacing around the small room. The hairstylist tries to chase me around a bit, fiddling with the mess of hair on my head.

"It's just an old wives tale, Lori, you can't stress yourself out about it."

"But I already have the other three!"

"Lorelai, please sit back down, I have to finish your hair."

"I don't know what you want me to do Lori! It's like blue is repelling you!" Faye yells, her hands tugging at her roots.

"There has to be something other than a gum wrapper that's blue!" I continue to pace, pissing off the hairstylist.

"I can go check my car?" Riley stands from a chair in the corner of the room, trying to help.

"Lorelai, please." The hairstylist begs but I can't stop moving.

"Are you sure this is about the wives' tale and not your nerves about the wedding?" Harlow interjects, adjusting the dress on her body.

"I don't know-!"

"T-minus two hours til wedding bells!" Zayn bursts into the midst of the chaos, all of our heads whipping in his direction. He can sense the tension in the room, his wide smile faltering. "Should I come back, or?"

"Two hours till I have to walk down the aisle." My pacing slows, my eyes going wide as realization washes over me. I slowly sit back down in the chair, the hairstylist sighing in relief as she begins to mess around with my hair again. My breathing slowly picks up, my eyes zeroed in on the table in front of me.

"Lori?" Faye's voice is just above a whisper as she slowly approaches me. "Lori, are you okay?"

"Find me something blue in the next two hours or I'm gonna freak out!" I scream louder than I ever have before, all the nerves and emotions crashing down on me at once.

Faye jumps back in surprise at my volume, her eyes wide. She quickly walks to the door, shoving Zayn along with her. "I'll go check the boys room!"

★ HARRY ★

"You cheated! You can't hit the eight ball in until you have the rest of your balls in the pockets!" I yell at Mitch, placing my pool stick on the table.

"It's called strategy, look it up." He takes a swig from his glass. "Wanna play another round?"

"How much time until I have to be down at the altar?" I ask, still having to get fully ready.

"Like an hour and a half." Mitch checks his watch.

"Then yeah, rack 'em up." I take a sip of my water, letting it wash away the growing nerves in my stomach.