Chapter 1: Bringing You Home

This was a remote town, and it was currently raining there.

The original Angel Orphanage in the east of the town had been burned down by a fire two days ago.

The rain had eased, and a few rays of sunlight shone through the clouds. An expensive SUV was parked in front of the burned-down Angel Orphanage.

Perhaps due to the rain and the fire, there was no one around.

A person alighted from the driver's seat of the SUV. He brought a black umbrella to the back seat and opened the door before saying respectfully, "Boss, we're here."

A man got out of the car.

He was dressed in a white shirt and black trousers. His hair was neatly trimmed, and he looked handsome and elegant.

He should have looked pleasing to the eye, but he had a pair of dark eyes, and his expression was extremely cold. This pair of eyes, coupled with his expression, changed his entire temperament. It made the people who looked at him from afar involuntarily feel fear, not daring to directly meet his gaze.

In reality, he was only 24 years old. His name was Yin Jiujin, and he was ranked second in the family. He was the famous God of Slaughter in the business world, and people called him Master Nine [1, "Jiu" means nine in Chinese, hence his nickname was "Master Nine".].

Not only in the business world, people in all arenas had to respect him.

The person holding the umbrella for him was his chief assistant, Lin Zimu. He was also quite famous in the business world.

Yin Jiujin slowly raised his eyes and looked at the burnt orphanage, where there was a white bundle.

He walked forward slowly. Even though he was walking through the ruins and mud, it could not conceal his noble aura.

He finally saw the white ball when he got closer.

It was a person. And a girl.

Her long ponytail hung straight down as she buried her head in her knees. She was wearing a white t-shirt and jeans with a pair of navy blue canvas shoes on her feet.

Crouching in front of these ruins, she looked tiny. She didn't look like she was about to turn eighteen. Instead, she looked rather like a twelve or thirteen year old child.

Upon hearing footsteps, the girl looked up at him and stared at him with her big round eyes. It was as if she had just woken up, making her delicate face look a little dazed.

Yin Jiujin's gaze paused slightly, and he stopped three steps away from her. "Yan Jinyu?"

The person squatting on the ground sized him up for a while before saying, "I don't know you."

"The orphan who got lost at the age of two?"

Her eyes widened. "That's none of your business."

"You got lost at such a young age, so why do you still remember your real name?"

"I'm happy with it," she deadpanned.

His sinister eyes had a slight change, "You don't look happy."

"It's none of your business."

please keep reading on MYB0XN0VEL(.)C0M

He glanced at the red string around her neck, "Do you have a jade pendant with the word 'Yu' carved on it?"

"It's none of your business..." She looked up at him, "How did you know?"

"I came to take you home."

"Oh." She stood up obediently.