Chapter 56: Collecting The Spoils

In the end, Xu Gui obviously couldn't go with Yan Jinyu and the rest. He followed the person with complicated emotions to look at Xu Xiaoxiao.

Xu Gui felt even more complicated when he saw Xu Xiaoxiao, who had fainted with a big wound on her head.

To be honest, Xu Gui wanted to laugh when he saw Xu Xiaoxiao. However, he held back as he remembered that she was his cousin and it seemed a little unkind to mock her when she had fallen down the stone stairs.

He personally sent Xu Xiaoxiao to the hospital and called his second uncle, who was also Xu Xiaoxiao's father. He even specially emphasized that Xu Xiaoxiao fell down because she was careless while walking down the stone stairs. He did not want to be reprimanded for something that had nothing to do with him.

***

"What are you guys doing here?!"

Yan Jinyu and the rest headed straight for the big bend where the accident happened. Of course, they didn't walk over. Instead, they called the attendant in the underground racing arena to drive them over.

Qiu Jian and Zhao Yue had already been rescued by professionals from the deformed car and placed on a stretcher when they arrived at the accident scene.

Both of them were seriously injured. Their limbs, bodies and heads were covered in blood. Although they could still barely maintain their consciousness and speak, they were clearly seriously injured. Hence, when Luo Yikun saw Yan Jinyu, the "culprit", walk over, he naturally spoke in a bad tone as he might be implicated.

He was stunned as soon as he said that.

Seeing Yan Jinyu walking over, biting with a packet of yogurt in her teeth and one hand in her pocket, Luo Yikun's eyes had an evil glint.

.

Yan Jinyu, who sensed his gaze, stopped smiling slightly. With a hint of coldness in her eyes, she said, "Just continue if you don't want those eyes anymore."

The current situation was the two injured people kept shouting and cursing. It was already noisy, so when Yan Jinyu and the others appeared, they finally quieted down slightly but they were still scolding. Only when Yan Jinyu spoke up did they stop their scolding unconsciously.

It was unknown if that was because they realized that it was Yan Jinyu—who had caused them to be seriously injured—saying that and they were furious with her, or because they were frightened by the inexplicable coldness in Yan Jinyu's words.

It was not clear if the others were frightened, but Luo Yikun certainly was.

Because at that instant, he was looking at Yan Jinyu. Or rather, he was looking directly into Yan Jinyu's eyes. He could feel how cold Yan Jinyu's gaze was when she said those words.

His hands and feet were cold.

No, rather than saying that her eyes were cold, he should have said that they were filled with killing intent.

However, could a young girl who wasn't even 18 years old, have killing intent? Moreover, this person was Yan Jinyu, who had led a wandering life for many years.

At the thought of that, Luo Yikun became suspicious again.

However, no matter how suspicious he was, he didn't dare to use that disgusting gaze to size Yan Jinyu up again.

.

"Eldest Miss Yan has really exceeded my expectations." It was unknown if he was hinting that Yan Jinyu had injured Qiu Jian and Zhao Yue, or if he was hinting that Yan Jinyu's words and gaze were enough to frighten him.