Chapter 17: The Leverage Of Power

Although Cheng Lin was a chauffeur, he was really one of Master Nine's subordinates. Normally, he would never step foot into the Yan Family. Now that he was here, she knew that he was here for Yan Jinyu.

She didn't expect Master Nine to value that girl so much!

Although she was unhappy, she did not dare to give Master Nine's men any displeasure. She could only suppress her anger and put on a smile. "Oh, it's Mr. Cheng. Why did you come to the Yan Family at this time..."

"Mrs. Yan, I'm here on Master Nine's orders to deliver something to Miss Yan."

"Sending something to Jinyu? What are they?" She squinted at the bag Cheng Lin was carrying. However, she only saw a few gift boxes inside but she didn't know what they were exactly.

"I'm not sure either. Master Nine personally instructed someone to prepare it. I'm only responsible for sending it over. However, it looks like it should be something for her hands... I heard from Special Assistant Lin that on the way back from fetching Miss Yan, Master Nine noticed the calluses on Miss Yan's hands."

Cheng Lin tried to see if there was any guilt or heartache in Fu Ya's eyes, but he was disappointed.

It was fine if she did not feel guilty or heartbroken, but Fu Ya's eyes even flashed with disdain.

Was Miss Yan really her biological daughter?

2

Who would treat their own child like that?

"Oh, is that so? Please thank Master Nine for his concern. Jinyu is in the living room. Since Mr. Cheng is here to deliver something to Jinyu, please enter the house directly. I have something urgent to attend to, so I have to leave the house immediately. Please excuse me." If she stayed any longer, she was afraid that she would not be able to maintain the forced smile on her face.

If Cheng Lin hadn't come for that girl, she would have been happy to entertain him, but he had indeed come for her.

"If Mrs. Yan has something to do, go ahead and do it." After being by Master Nine's side for so many years, not to mention North City, even in the capital, people had to give him some due respect. This Mrs. Yan... It wasn't that he enjoyed the feeling of being flattered, but he felt that Madam Yan was being very ungraceful. It was no wonder that after the two elders of the Yan Family passed away, the Yan Family became increasingly worse.

He was just an outsider and a subordinate of Master Nine. If he could be implicated because he came to the Yan Family to deliver something to Miss Yan, then it was obvious that Miss Yan's life in the Yan Family couldn't have been easy.

Please reading- on MYB0 X N O VEL. COM

Poor Miss Yan. She was just a young girl under the age of 18.

If it wasn't for the fact that Master Nine was too busy to leave, he really wanted to call Master Nine and tell him everything that happened here so that Master Nine could take Miss Yan away.

Forget it. They should wait for Master Nine to finish his work first. No matter what, the Yan Family was still a big family in North City. Even if they were biased, they probably wouldn't dare to go overboard.

He had arrived at the living room of the Yan Family's main building and saw Yan Jinyu sitting there watching television.

From this angle, he could only see her back.

It was very thin.

The servants nearby were busy with their own things. Their expressions were also very strange when they looked at her occasionally. In these strange expressions, there was no respect for the eldest daughter of the Yan Family, only sympathy and disdain.