Chapter 31: Her Heartstring Was Tugged

Yan Jinyu didn't say anything and continued to look ahead. In front of her was the cold drink shop that Yan Jinyun mentioned so she was looking for a parking space.

Yan Jinyun didn't care if she answered or not as she continued, "At this time, I'm still concerned about my own reputation. I'm afraid that I'll ruin it if I'm not careful. I didn't forget to call back to remind Mom to get rid of that chauffeur. I know I'm very hypocritical."

"But I had no choice but to do so. I've put in too much effort to get to where I am today. I don't want to end up empty-handed. Now that I'm in North City, whenever those elders talk about me, all of them praise me. Not to mention marrying into a better family in the future, just the fact that I'm the heir of the Yan Family will give me a better reputation."

As she spoke, she looked up and bit her lip. "Of course, since you're back, you naturally have a share of the Yan Family's inheritance rights. However, I won't give up the inheritance rights just because you're capable. Even if I'm not your match, I won't admit defeat until the last moment."

2

"It doesn't matter if you say that I'm greedy for the Yan Clan's wealth. It doesn't matter if you say that I'm selfish and don't care about family ties. Ever since I could remember things, I knew I'll be the successor of the Yan Clan. All these years in North City, everyone has unanimously thought that I'm the successor of the Yan Clan. If the person who inherits the Yan Clan isn't me in the end, I won't be able to raise my head in North City in the future. I can't afford to lose this face."

"Therefore, even if I am destined to lose, I must fight for it..."

"Is this the cold drink shop you were talking about?"

Yan Jinyun was stunned, "What?"

"Didn't you say you wanted to find a place to sit? Is this the cold drink shop you mentioned?"

Yan Jinyun looked out of the car window. It was indeed the cold drink shop that she had mentioned, but... she had said so much. Did Yan Jinyu not listen to her at all? Why would she mention the cold drink shop at such a time? Most importantly, when Yan Jinyu looked at her, she was still wearing an indifferent expression.

"If it's this one, let's get off then."

Yan Jinyun realized that she had already parked the car.

Yan Jinyu unbuckled her seatbelt and was about to get out of the car when she suddenly paused. She looked at Yan Jinyun and said, "I have told you that you don't have to guard against me like you're guarding against a thief when I returned to the Yan Family. I won't take a single cent of the Yan Family's assets."

Yan Jinyun stared at her in a daze, not knowing how to react. She felt very strange.

One of the reasons why she didn't like Yan Jinyu was that Yan Jinyu might fight with her for the position of successor when she returned. However, Yan Jinyu actually looked down on something that she valued so much.

She couldn't tell what she was feeling. Was she happy or angry?

Yes, she was more angry and happy. She was angry that Yan Jinyu didn't fight for herself. She was clearly the daughter of the Yan Family and the legitimate eldest daughter of the Yan Family. If they were to really talk about it, the eldest daughter of the Yan Family was more qualified than the second daughter to inherit the Yan Family.

1

Looking at Yan Jinyun who was in a daze, the faint smile on Yan Jinyu's face faded slightly, "Of course, I'm not thinking about your belongings. It's best that you guys don't think about mine either. Yun'er is a smart person. She should understand what I mean."