Chapter 42: Making It Clear

Yan Jinyu smiled. "Dad is really well-informed. You found out so quickly." She didn't think that Yan Qingyu had someone to monitor her. If someone was monitoring her, with her alertness, she wouldn't have missed it. Then, if Yan Qingyu knew that she had been to the Feng Family, someone from the Feng Family must have informed him.

She had stayed in the Feng Family for the entire afternoon, so naturally, others would notice. After all, the Feng Family had more than Feng Chen's lineage. She did not intend to hide it either. Anyway, it was not like it was shameful.

Fortunately, he wasn't spying on her. Otherwise, she wouldn't have let it go so easily.

"You went to the Feng Family?!"

"Don't interact with the Feng Family in the future!"

The two of them spoke at the same time. The former was Fu Ya, while the latter was Yan Qingyu. Both of their tones were a little unfriendly, but Fu Ya's tone was sharper.

Yan Jinyu glanced at Fu Ya before turning to Yan Qingyu. "Why did Dad ask me to stay away from the Feng Family?"

"I told you to stay away from them, so you will just do so. There's no reason for it!"

Compared to Yan Qingyu, Fu Ya's tone was even more unfriendly, "Who doesn't know that the Feng Family and our Yan Family have long fallen out? As the daughter of the Yan Family, you still had the cheek to run to the Feng Family. Isn't this blatantly slapping our Yan Family's face! You actually came to ask why you should interact less with the Feng Family!"

Yan Jinyu walked forward and didn't sit down. She just leaned lazily on the sofa a few steps away from them and said with a faint smile, "The Feng Family is Grandmother's maiden home. When Grandmother was still alive, the Feng Family and the Yan Family had a very good relationship. Why did they fall out?"

It was not a secret in North City why the Feng Family and the Yan Family had fallen out. However, due to the Yan Family's status in North City, no one dared to mention it again. If they investigated carefully, they could still find out. Hence, when Yan Jinyu asked this, Yan Qingyu and Fu Ya's expressions were a little ugly.

To them, this was not something to be proud of. They had given up on searching for their biological daughter, but the Feng Family, as their distant relatives, insisted on searching for her. Because of this, the two families even fell out. If this matter was known by others, they would lose face, let alone Yan Jinyu, the person involved.

"This is an adult's matter. Children shouldn't ask so much!" Yan Qingyu had already sent someone to investigate her again. The results of the investigation that Yan Qingyu had received were no different from before. However, the elder daughter before him was too different from the results of the investigation, making him even more uncertain about how to treat her.

Of course, Yan Qingyu didn't think too highly of Yan Jinyu because of this.

From his point of view, even if Yan Jinyu wasn't as timid as he imagined her to be, there were still some friends that weren't found in the information. It didn't mean that they needed to be afraid of her. No matter what, she didn't have the ability to create such a complete set of fake information that even Master Nine couldn't find anything wrong after personally investigating it himself.

She was not timid and did not have the "uncouthness" of someone who grew up in the countryside. It should be because she still had her memories from when she was two years old.

"Just do as I tell you to."

"Dad, even if you didn't say it, I know why the Feng Family and the Yan Family fell out. It's because you all have a disagreement over whether you should continue to look for me."