Chapter 34: Dining At The Restaurant

In the restaurant, Yan Jinyun rolled her eyes when he saw Feng Yuan sitting beside her.

Yan Jinyu passed the menu to Yan Jinyu, "I've placed my order. I don't know what you like to eat, but you can place the order yourself. This meal doesn't need the card from Dad. I'll treat it as... thank you." Actually, what Yan Jinyun wanted to say was to apologize and thank her, but her arrogance wouldn't allow her to say the word 'apologize'.

The meaning of this "thank you" was very broad. Was it to thank Yan Jinyu for saving her in the dark alley? Was it to thank Yan Jinyu for not being calculative with her for scheming against her? Or was it to thank Yan Jinyu for treating her at the cold drink shop downstairs? Only Yan Jinyun herself knew.

Yan Jinyu didn't say anything. She simply took the menu and ordered a few dishes.

Upon seeing this sight, Feng Yuan was stunned.

Could it be that Yan Jinyun had completely gained Jin Yu's trust? Why did they seem to be getting along so well?

Jinyu seemed so ignorant. With Yan Jinyun's black heart, it was not impossible for her to gain Jinyu's trust within a week.

Feng Yuan felt uncomfortable when he thought of this.

If he had known earlier, he wouldn't have cared about the fact that the Yan and Feng families had not interacted for many years. He would have rushed to the Yan Family to look for Jinyu and give her some warnings. Now that the situation was like this... He couldn't always be by Jinyu's side to prevent her from being schemed against by Yan Jinyun so what should he do?

He glared at Yan Jinyun again.

Yan Jinyun rolled her eyes, "What's wrong with you?"

"You're the crazy one! Yan Jinyun, I'm warning you. If you dare to do anything to harm Jinyu, I won't let you off!"

"Busybody."

"Look at you, you call yourself the top socialite. Your words are so unpleasant. I wonder if those people have a problem with their eyesight. They actually think that you are the undisputed top socialite in North City." He looked at Yan Jinyu, "Jinyu, don't be fooled by her appearance. Her heart is really black! She..."

Before he could finish speaking, Yan Jinyu interrupted him, "Do you want to order?" The menu was already passed to him. There was a very clean smile on her face, and she looked very gullible.

Feng Yuan instantly replied, "...Yes!" Forget it, he would just watch over her a little more in the future. Jinyu was obviously bewitched by Yan Jinyun. If he continued to speak now, Jinyu might even think that he was trying to drive a wedge between them. If Jinyu stayed away from him because of this, the gains would not make up for the losses.

He converted his anger into appetite and ordered a few of the most expensive dishes in the restaurant. Anyway, Yan Jinyun said that it was her treat!

2

Yan Jinyun had known Feng Yuan for so many years. She knew very well what he was thinking. Looking at his smug look after ordering the dishes, she felt that he was such an idiot.

She couldn't be bothered to argue with him.

Yan Jinyu didn't eat much. She simply moved her chopsticks around and then stopped.

Seeing that she had put down her chopsticks, Yan Jinyun looked up and glanced at her. She didn't say anything and continued to eat her food. On the other hand, Feng Yuan, who was turning his anger into appetite, stopped when he saw her stop eating. "Why did you eat so little?"

"I'm not hungry." At that moment, Yan Jinyu's phone rang, "You guys continue, I'm going to answer a call."

"Go ahead." Feng Yuan was actually very curious about who had called. A week had passed, and his father had already investigated clearly how Yan Jinyu had been through all these years. Logically speaking, Yan Jinyu shouldn't have any friends, but someone had called her. He wanted to show more concern for her, but when he thought about how it would be impolite to ask who had called her, he held back and didn't ask.