Chapter 37: The Kidnappers Back Then

Feng Chen wanted to talk to her alone. Yan Jinyu didn't expect that.

Ever since she stepped into the Feng Family, it was mostly Luo Linlin and Feng Yuan talking to her. Although Feng Chen would chime in occasionally, he rarely spoke.

"Your aunt is usually very talkative. Don't mind her.

Yan Jinyu smiled, "No, I know that Auntie is doing this for my own good. If she didn't tell me all that, I wouldn't know anything about the families in North City."

Feng Chen only felt that her smile was very sincere and clean. The information she revealed to him was that she had already remembered this little bit of kindness they had shown her.

They had all been tainted by the conflicts of their families. Even Feng Yuan, who was not very reliable, did not have such a clear gaze like hers. Feng Chen sighed in his heart. With her like this, without the protection of the Yan Family, who knew what would happen to her in North City in the future.

Feng Chen hesitated again.

A young lady like her could hardly protect herself in North City. Was it appropriate for him to tell her about that?

The sharp Yan Jinyu quickly realized that there was hesitation on Feng Chen's face. Her eyes darkened slightly and her smile remained unchanged, "What does Uncle want to say to me?"

Since they had specially sent Feng Yuan away and even let the head of the Feng family tell her personally, Yan Jinyu didn't think that it was a small matter.

Feng Chen was about to tell her and when he met her big round eyes. Then, Feng Chen hesitated again, "It's nothing..."

"Uncle, if there's anything that I should know, just say it out. Even if you don't say it now, I will find out sooner or later."

Feng Yuan was slightly stunned, then he carefully sized her up.

Her clear gaze and faint smile gave people the feeling that she was very pure and clean and she had no schemes and was easily deceived.

Of course, this was just his feeling from before.

Now that he looked at Yan Jinyu again, Feng Chen didn't think so any longer. Even though she still looked the same and her smile didn't change at all.

He suddenly remembered that ever since she appeared in the Feng Family, she did not show any signs of cowardice. Although she did not speak much, her speech and actions were polite. It was totally not like what he had found out—a 17-year-old girl who had dropped out of school to work for three years after graduating from a junior high school in a rural orphanage—and from the beginning to the end, she always had that comforting smile on her face...

This in itself was unusual.

Only now did he realize that! As the head of the Feng Family, when did he become so unalert?

Yan Jinyu knew what Feng Chen was thinking about. She didn't explain nor intentionally show her different side. She just smiled and said, "There's something Uncle might not know. I still remember the things before I met the kidnappers."

Hearing that, Feng Chen said, "I see." No wonder her actions were not impolite and she did not show any fear in front of them.

It was fine as long as she remembered her past memories. He had thought that she was not what he had found out. Even the information that Yin Jiujin had found out was that she had grown up in an orphanage in a remote town. If even this was fake, then...

Feng Chen heaved a sigh of relief.

"You said you still remember what happened in the past, then why... why didn't you come back to North City?"