Chapter 60: A Call From Little Rain

The assistant thought for a moment and said, "Sir, didn't you already send someone to investigate this matter a year ago? Missy was adopted by an ordinary couple in Country F for the past eleven years. Later, this couple died in a fire. Missy only returned to the country after you found her and brought her back to the Huo Family..."

"Sir, please don't blame me for being nosy. It wasn't easy for Miss to take the initiative to get close to you. If she finds out that you investigated her past again, I'm afraid..."

"You also know that Young Master Qin is by Missy's side now. Missy might not know that you're going to investigate her past again, but this matter won't be hidden from Young Master Qin. And with Young Master Qin's personality and his attitude towards Missy, if he knew that you're investigating Miss's past again, I'm afraid he wouldn't hide it from Missy."

The man fell silent.

"Forget it."

He knew that it was impossible, but with his cautious nature, once he had doubts, he would definitely have to clear it up. But if Rainy found out that he went to investigate her again...

Rainy had told them in detail how she had spent all these years after she returned home. It was almost the same as what he had found. If he suspected it, it wouldn't just be about the results of the investigation done by the man he sent, but even Rainy too.

***

After leaving the underground racing arena, Yan Jinyu and Yan Jinyun were still riding in Feng Yuan's car. Hence, both of them heard it when Feng Yuan received Xu Gui's call and was informed that Xu Xiaoxiao had fallen down the stone stairs and was now in the hospital.

They didn't gloat over Xu Xiaoxiao's plight, but neither were they sympathetic towards her.

From a certain perspective, Yan Jinyun and Yan Jinyu were actually similar. They wouldn't waste their time and effort to pay attention to unimportant people.

.

On the other hand, when Feng Yuan heard Xu Gui's words, he raised his eyebrows. He probably wanted to laugh, but he thought that it was a little unkind to laugh like that, so he finally stopped himself from laughing.

"I understand. Then, take good care of her. As her ex-boyfriend who just broke up with her, it's not appropriate for me to visit her at the hospital now."

1

Hearing his words, Yan Jinyu and Yan Jinyun were both a little surprised. However, after Yan Jinyu got over her surprise, she felt that Feng Yuan and Xu Xiaoxiao's breakup was still within expectations. However, Yan Jinyun...

She didn't know if it was because she didn't expect Feng Yuan to break up with Xu Xiaoxiao so easily; or because she felt that Feng Yuan was very careless with his feelings; or because she felt that Feng Yuan had finally become smart after deciding to break up with Xu Xiaoxiao. In short, her mood was a little strange.

"How rare is this? Someone who has always been stupid is finally smart for once." With her strange mood, Yan Jinyun's words inevitably sounded a little strange, especially when the person involved was Feng Yuan.

Ever since she was young, her peers from the influential families in North City had always been full of praises for her. Even if it was just to give her face, they would still pretend to be kind to her. Only Feng Yuan had never been nice to her.

Of course, Yan Jinyun didn't give Feng Yuan any pleasant expressions either.

"Yan Jinyun, what do you mean by that? What do you mean by 'someone who has always been stupid'? How am I stupid?"