Chapter 13: Eldest Miss Yan

Yan Jinyu flicked a glance at her, and the servant's heart missed a beat. She suddenly felt a chill run down her spine.

At that moment, she felt like she had just passed by the gates of hell.

W-was it an illusion?

When he looked up again, the girl already continued to eat. There wasn't a trace of frightening presence on her. So, was it really his illusion just now?

It must be his imagination!

After teaching them a lesson, the servant did not dare to disrespect Yan Jinyu again. "T-this breakfast was prepared according to Second Missy's preferences. If Eldest Missy wants to eat anything, I can ask the kitchen to prepare it."

"Since this is Yun'er's breakfast, why did you put it in my seat?" The two seats closest to the main seat belonged to Fu Ya, the wife of the head of the household, and the eldest daughter of the Yan family.

The servant obviously realized it too after hearing her words.

She was the actual eldest daughter of the Yan family. This was her position.

"This..."

Yan Jinyu ignored her and looked at Fu Ya and Yan Qingyu who were looking at her thoughtfully. She smiled. "Dad, as the eldest daughter of the Yan family, this is my position, right?"

That was right. It was just that for so many years, Yan Jinyun had always been the one sitting there. Everyone was used to it and naturally felt that this was her seat. They also felt that Yan Jinyu, who grew up in the countryside, had no right to suppress Yan Jinyun in the Yan family.

Yan Qingyu didn't say anything and merely stared at her.

Yan Jinyu didn't probe further either. She turned her gaze towards Fu Ya, who was standing there. Fu Ya wanted to get angry but had no choice and had to rein her anger in as she thought of something. Yan Jinyu smiled lightly. "Mom, this is my seat, right?"

Please reading- on MYB0 X N O VEL. COM

"Although I still have my childhood memories, I was still young at that time. With my grandparents around, the seating arrangement at home then wasn't like this either. I wasn't sure how to sit according to the rules, but there was one thing I knew. As the eldest daughter of the Yan family and the second daughter of the Yan family, Yun'er, her position shouldn't be above mine. I wonder if I'm right?"

"You've already eaten. Don't tell me you're going to let Yun'er eat what's left behind!" After scolding, Fu Ya looked at the servant unkindly. "Get the kitchen to make another serving for Yun'er!"

The servant who was scolded by Fu Ya hurriedly lowered her head. "...Yes, Madam."

It seemed that although Eldest Young Mistress wasn't favored, she wasn't someone to be trifled with. Look, the Eldest Young Mistress was already so arrogant, but Madam still held back her anger.

It was obvious that before the eldest Miss Yan returned to the Yan family, Madam and Sir didn't have such an attitude towards her. It seemed like they had become wary after Master Nine sent her back to the Yan Family personally yesterday.

The Eldest Young Mistress was also lucky to have caught that man's eye.

Fu Ya sat down angrily opposite Yan Jinyu. She even glared at Yan Jinyu, causing Yan Jinyu, who was eating, to narrow her eyes. Indeed, she didn't want to tolerate it any longer!

She looked up.

Her smiling yet strange eyes met Fu Ya's eyes and Fu Ya was stunned.

She couldn't even hold her fork properly and it fell to the ground with a crisp sound.