Chapter 14: A Weird Girl

Her emotions did not change at all, as if she did not hear their conversation.

In fact, she would not have said such words if she had not heard the conversation.

The two of them looked at each other. Her attitude towards them was very strange. Even if she wasn't angry, this shouldn't be her reaction if she was a normal person who was ignored by her biological parents after leading a wandering life for many years before returning home.

She acted like she didn't care about their attitude towards her.

Did she really not care? Or was she so innocent that she could not feel their dislike for her?

The two of them couldn't figure it out.

However, no matter what the reason was, the fact that she could still talk to them with a smile on her face after hearing their conversation gave them an indescribable sense of strangeness.

However, this strange feeling was quickly ignored because the two of them agreed with what she said.

Indeed, the fact that Master Nine had personally sent her back to the Yan Family had probably alarmed many people. The Yan Family was also the number one family in North City. How could the families not pay attention to the fact that Master Nine had personally found the eldest daughter of the Yan Family?

After one night, most of the respectable families in North City would have already known that the eldest daughter of the Yan Family grew up in an orphanage. She was a country girl who quit school to work after graduating from junior high.

They were already disgraced.

1

At this thought, their expressions turned sullen again.

"Hmph! You're proud instead of being ashamed!" Fu Ya didn't want to find a teacher for Yan Jinyu. However, it was one thing if she didn't want to, it was another thing if Yan Jinyu wasn't willing.

From her point of view, Yan Jinyu telling them directly that there was no need for her to look for a teacher meant that she did not want to improve herself. She did not take her ignorance and experience as a disgrace and instead she took pride in it.

Please reading- on MYB0 X N O VEL. COM

She disliked Yan Jinyu even more.

Yan Jinyu looked at her with a faint smile. "Mom, are you saying this now because you've forgotten who caused me to lead such a life all these years? If the person Mom and Dad saved back then was me, would I have suffered so?"

The two of them were in the wrong and hence they did not know how to respond to her.

Yan Qingyu finally spoke after a long while, "Since you have your memories from back then, you should know that the Yan Family couldn't fork out that much ransom back then. We did let you down by saving Yun'er and not you, but as a member of the Yan Family, you should also bear some responsibility. It's your duty to sacrifice yourself to protect the Yan Family at the moment of life and death."

2

Yan Jinyu's eyes darkened, and she changed her posture. She crossed her legs and supported her chin with one hand while her other hand tapped lightly on the table. She said rather nonchalantly, "In a moment of life and death? The Yan Family is the number one family in Northern City, but are we actually so weak? It's just a shortage of funds, and it's a matter of life and death?"

Yan Qingyu choked and he suddenly didn't dare to meet her eyes for some reason.

He did not know if it was because he felt guilty or because her nonchalant attitude made him feel uneasy.