Chapter 15: Shooting Herself In The Foot

"Dad, my mom doesn't want to hear it. What about you?"

Yan Jinyun walked closer to the dining table and happened to hear Yan Jinyu's words. Of course, she also saw the harmless smile on Yan Jinyu's face.

She paused for a moment, "What are Sister and Father talking about? Why are you so happy?" She walked to the seat where Fu Ya was sitting and sat down. It was as if she didn't see Yan Jinyu sitting at her original seat.

The servants had different thoughts when they saw this scene.

It seemed like it was best for them to not give this young mistress any trouble for the time being.

This was just the thoughts of the other servants. The servant who had brought Yan Jinyu to the small villa last night and had been scared off by her glare, as well as the servant who were serving at the dining table earlier, who had also been frightened by Yan Jinyu's gaze, didn't think so.

They were thinking that no matter what, they would not dare to give this young mistress any trouble at any time.

They were afraid of her, even though they didn't know where this fear came from.

Yan Qingyu's gaze swept past Yan Jinyu's face. He paused for a moment before answering Yan Jinyun, "Nothing." He didn't have the appetite to eat anymore, so he simply stood up, "You guys go ahead. I'm going to the office."

Yan Jinyun's gaze shifted slightly before answering with a gentle and sensible tone, "Alright, Daddy. Be careful on the road and come back early."

Yan Qingyu nodded, feeling much more relieved.

The daughter that he raised was still the most considerate, unlike the one who had just returned. She only knew how to antagonize him.

3

Fu Ya was not the only one who was frightened by her words earlier on. It was just that compared to Fu Ya, he was more stable and so his reaction was not as drastic as Fu Ya's.

Died long ago...

Please reading- on MYB0 X N O VEL. COM

Although they didn't believe in supernatural beings, they were in the wrong after all. They would still feel guilty.

They would feel fear if they felt guilt.

It was one thing to understand, but it was another thing for her to say it out so straightforwardly.

Outsiders only knew that the Yan Family did not have the ability to save both of their daughters back then, but they did not know the exact details. If this matter were to spread out, others might say that they did not care about the life and death of their biological daughter and were heartless. This would not be good for them or the Yan Family.

"Since you're back safely, don't talk about the past anymore. The safety of our family is more important than anything else. You've suffered a lot over the past few years, so you should stay home and rest for a few days. After you familiarize yourself with the new environment, I'll get your sister to take you out and make some friends."

Yan Jinyu looked at him.

He wanted to use small favors to get her to let the matter rest?

If news of what they had done back then were to spread, they would definitely be criticized wherever they went. After all, anyone with a bit of conscience would not agree with their actions.

There were many people who would do anything to save their children's lives, even if they had to go bankrupt. Furthermore, Yan Qingyu and Fu Ya only needed to borrow a sum of money from others to save her back then, and yet they had refused to.