Untitled Part 30

Shaurya goes to Anokhi's hometown to meet her parents. After many trials from Anokhi's dad, he obtains permission to marry her.

Reema and Ahir are standing in a dramaland embrace, and Mithai and Parineeti giggle that it's the start of a new romance.

Anokhi, on the other hand, worries if they should go save Reema. "Have you not dated before?" Parineeti jabs at Anokhi for failing to read the atmosphere, and Anokhi's boyfriend of two years leads her away promising to educate her.

Shaurya asks Anokhi if she saw his interview that morning? Specifically, did she see the Key Take away from the interview? Anokhi counters, "when did I agree to be your fiancee?" Their conversation is interrupted by some fangirls who ask for Shaurya's autograph, which he politely refuses, saying that his autograph is not worth much.

Anokhi acts miffed and commands her fiance to take her luggage to Parineeti's place. Shaurya teases, "when did I agree to be your fiance?" but agrees to move her luggage for her anyway since they are well acquainted.

After graduation, Anokhi and her roommates are planning to move together to Parineeti's apartment. It will be just like college days, but in an apartment instead of a dorm.

Shaurya asks if Parineeti's boyfriend, Rohit, doesn't mind the living arrangement? Anokhi doesn't understand why he would mind, which forces Shaurya to be more straightforward : he minds the arrangement.
Instead of helping Anokhi move in to Parineeti's, he takes her luggage directly to his apartment.

Anokhi protests that her blanket and pillow are at Parineeti's, and that it's not ergonomic for Shaurya to sleep on the couch. "Who says I'm sleeping on the couch?" asks Shaurya before pulling Anokhi in for a kiss.
Anokhi reminds him that he made a promise, and Shaurya confirms that he will abide by it.

Flashback to one night when Anokhi was reading in bed at Shaurya's apartment. Shaurya sits down beside her and asks when she will let him graduate. After all, he has been studying in the Department of Self Control for two years already.
Anokhi smiles and they cuddle together, and we can assume Anokhi made him promise to wait until a certain time, perhaps marriage.

Back in the present, Anokhi and Shaurya embrace. Shaurya says that two days from now, they will go together to Kapurthala, Anokhi's hometown. He will drive so that they can bring her belongings back to Chandigarh. Shaurya says he does not plan to return Anokhi to her parents anymore.

A bit chauvinistic, a bit romantic, idk.

Anyways, it's time to meet the parents. At the Bhalla home in Kapurthala, Anokhi's mum is setting the table. She tells Anokhi's dad to go pick up the couple, but Anokhi's dad grumbles. Why is his daughter getting married so soon? Dad made a whole list of requirements, and if the boy fails any one of them, he's out.

Mum rolls her eyes and says she already saw Shaurya's picture, and he's very handsome. If Dad won't go pick them up, she will. Dad warns that a handsome face won't put food on the table, and besides, there's no way the boy is as handsome as him.

Mum meets Anokhi and Shaurya as they drive up, and she's clearly pleased to meet Shaurya. When Anokhi and Shaurya arrive at home, Dad is reviewing his notebook of requirements (strength, endurance, IQ, EQ) but quickly hides it under a pillow.

Anokhi makes introductions and presents the tea leaves that Shaurya brought as a gift to her dad. Dad gripes that Shaurya's tea leaves are inferior to their own tea leaves anyway.

Mom nicely thanks Shaurya for his gift of swallow's nest, and then when the children go to wash up for dinner, chastises Dad for being so difficult.

Dad sneaks a look at Anokhi and Shaurya being cute while washing up and says that Shaurya's height is acceptable.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚘 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚏𝚞𝚕 🎉