Chapter 59

Hanji handed me Isabel and I cried again. She was beautiful.

"Levi, come look at her." I said as I touched her with my finger.

She was so small and had very little hair. The hair she had was black like Levi's.

"She has your hair." I whispered.

Levi wrapped his arm around my lower back and looked at her with me. Isabel was sleeping. She had red cheeks and small stubby fingers. I looked at Levi and kissed him.

"Thank you, Hanji. So much. You made a beautiful baby. Don't forget to visit us. Would you two like to be her godparents?"

Erwin and Hanji smiled and nodded. I gave Isabel to Levi and we walked to the car. Levi rarely took his eyes off her.

"Eren?" Levi said softly.

"Yes?"

"I love you."

I looked at him and he was crying again. I smiled and kissed him.

"I love you too. Buckle her in her car seat and sit back there. I'll drive."

Levi nodded and did as I said. When we got home she started screaming.

"And let the parenting begin." Levi chuckled. He handed her back to me and warmed up a bottle. "Do you want to feed her, Eren?"

I nodded and sat down in our recliner and rocked slowly. He handed me the bottled and I placed it against her tiny, pink lips. She opened her mouth and sucked at it hungrily. I looked up at Levi and smiled.

I cried as I watched her. She was so beautiful.

"I love you, Isabel." I whispered to her as she ate.

Levi walked over to me and kissed my forehead and then hers. When she was done eating I carried her upstairs and placed her on a small, thin blanket. Levi followed me and watched me with curiosity.

I swaddled her up from shoulder to toe with the blanket.

"Do you want to take a nap with her?" I asked Levi.

He looked confused.

"Lay down." I said quietly.

He laid down on his back and I placed her on his chest. She squirmed momentarily but then fell back asleep. Levi smiled but then it faded.

"What if she falls off or I roll on her?" He asked, obviously filled with worry.

"I'll stay here and make sure she doesn't. Just go to sleep." I said as I crawled in next to them.

Levi kissed the top of her head and placed a hand on her back. He then closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep. I sat there and took pictures of them. Spamming Mikasa and Armin with the pictures.

Two hours later, Levi woke up but she was still asleep. He looked at her and then at me.

"Eren. I have to pee."

I giggled and walked over to his side. I carefully picked her up and rocked her in my arms. She woke up for a second but then knocked back out.

"You didn't move a muscle." I whispered as Levi walked out of the room. He smiled and then walked away.

When Levi came back she woke up, screaming again.

"Is she hungry again?" I asked Levi.

"I don't think so."

I panicked for a brief minute but then groaned.

"Levi." I whined. "She just pooped."

Levi laughed, "Tag you're it."

I pouted as I walked over to the dresser. We had placed a comfy changing mat on top of it. I placed her on it and unswaddled her. I gagged.

"You get the next one." I said as I began to remove her diaper. "Oh, god. Why is it yellow?! It looks like she pooped out highlighter ink or something!"

Levi just stayed far away and laughed at me. I cleaned her up and put a new diaper on her. I wrapped her up in her blanket and handed her to Levi.

"I'm going to go drown my hands with soap and water." And drown them I did.

When I got out of the bathroom I peeked into the room. Levi had his back to me and was rocking Isabel in his arms. He was singing "Twinkle, Twinkle" softly. I smiled and recorded him with my phone. My life was completed.