Chapter 40

Eren was still sobbing in my arms. I cleaned all the soap off of him and carried him out of the shower. Thankfully he hasn't looked at me because seeing him like that made me shed a tear. It was a manly tear.

I sat him on the bed. He was shaking and gasping for air. I reremember him telling me that he used to have panic attacks when we was in the foster care system.

I slid some boxers on me and a towel over him. I kneeled on the floor in front of him.

"Eren. Breathe. It's okay. I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere."

Eren's eyes had no light in them, they looked almost dead.

"Eren, please look at me. I won't abandon you. I'm not your father. I won't die. I won't send you away. You will have a place to call your home." Eren's breathing began to steady out, his hair was dripping wet.

"Eren." I said softly.

He looked at me, his eyes were red and puffy, but they were his. I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him close to me, mh face was on his belly. "Please stay with me."

I felt a shaky hand on my head. I squeezed around him tighter. "You're going to be okay, Eren. I'll never hurt you. I'll never leave you. I'll never cheat or lie. Please. Just stay with me."

Eren's hand stopped shaking and he started giggling. It was slightly creepy. I looked back at him and he was smiling.

"I'll stay. I'll stay forever."

I stood up and then tackled him. I hugged and squeezed. Eren's legs were wrapped around my lower back, his towel still around his wasit, and he was playing with my hair as I looked at him.

"Don't ever do that to me again or I'll slap you. Got it?"

He nodded.

"So, I guess I have to fly back with you and help you back stuff. We might have to drive back depending on what you want."

"I think all I want are my electronics and clothes. Maybe my kitchen stuff."

I kissed his chest as he spoke.

"I do want my car. So I guess we'll have to have a 13 hour road trip. Its not too bad is it?" I kissed him softly and he wrapped his legs around me tighter.

"Not too, bad. When do you want to go?"

"You're off work until the 17th. So that gives us 3 weeks there. Will that be enough time?"

"Yeah if we give everything you don't want away and then just give your lease up. It should be fine."

"Well are you up for a car ride tomorrow?"

"Hell no, but I don't have much of a choice." Eren moved his hand out to the side.

"Oh my god. Ewww!"

"What?!"

"I just touched the stuff that leaked out of me, ack!" Eren stuck his tongue out. "Where are we supposed to sleep? Jeez ewwww. Get off before I wipe this on you."

I quickly jumped off of him. The thought of that getting wiped on me gave me the chills. Eren ran to the bathroom and I heard the water turn on.

I took the covers off the bed and threw them downstairs to wash tomorrow and got new ones. Eren walked back into the room.

"Eren, you're kind of naked." I said while pointing at his crotch. He looked down, shrugged, and turned off the light.

"I don't care." He crawled into bed and I crawled in next to him.

"Merry Christmas Eren."

"Happy birthday and Merry Christmas Levi."

I kissed him softly and then turned my back to him. Eren wrapped an arm around me.

"No. No. No. There is no way I'm going to be the little spoon!" I pushed Eren's arm off of me and then laid on my back.

"You can be super cute sometimes, Levi."

"Call me cute again and I'll bite your dick off." I smiled and grabbed Eren. "Cuddle me." I wrapped my arms around him and fell asleep.

-----------

The last 2 weeks we've been dealing with moving Eren's house and he has refused all my sexual advances. Last time we had sex was on my birthday, which was two weeks ago. I'm going to end up keeping him up until he lets me touch him.