Chapter 44

I inwardly smiled, trying to make sure he doesn't know I heard.

"Eren?"

"Yeah?" He sounded nervous.

"What pringles did you get?"

"BBQ and Sour Cream & Onion." He pulled them out of the bag. "Do you want some?"

"Yeah. Can you feed them to me?" I laughed and Eren did too.

"Okay. Which flavor?"

"Guess." This drive was getting boring. I needed some excitement.

"Open your mouth."

I turned my head slightly, still looking at the road, and opened my mouth.

"Woah! I've never realized how perfect your teeth are." Eren said as he put a chip partly in my mouth. I shot him a dirty look as I pulled it all the way in with my tongue and chewed. "Did I choose the right flavor?"

"Yeah. You did." I patted his leg and smiled. "Entertain me or else I'll fall asleep."

It was about 2 in the morning and I've been up since 6 am.

"Oh! Oh! I know!" Eren sounded like he just slept for 10 hours. "There's this game where someone has to try to keep a straight face while asked questions, but the thing is, I give you your answer."

"Example?"

"Okay so ask me a question."

"What's your favorite book?"

"Your mom." Eren laughed for a few seconds. "Okay, ask me another."

"What is the point of this?"

"Your mom. See? You're answer will always be the same. Its mainly for my entertainment but I think it's a good way to really test your straight face skills."

"So what's my answer?"

"Let's see." Eren sat in silence for a minute and then clapped his hands once. "My penis."

If I wasn't driving I would pinch his ear. "Very mature. So I just have to keep a straight face?"

"Basically. Okay, first question. What's your favorite animal?"

"My penis." I said slightly unamused.

Eren, however found it hilarious. He's like a 15 year old.

"What's your favorite toy?" Eren was trying not to laugh.

"My penis." Okay, I'll admit, that was kind of funny.

"What is my favorite late night snack?" Eren lost it. I mean, lost it.

"My penis." I bite my lip, trying not to smile.

"What is the largest organ in your body?"

"My p-" I laughed before I could finish. "My fucking penis, Eren,"

Eren was laughing with me. "You lost!"

"I did lose. Why don't you get some sleep, Eren."

"I want to keep you company."

"No it's okay. Go to sleep." I rubbed the back of his head, not taking my eyes of the road.

"Wake me up in 20 minutes, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. Go to sleep."

Eren fell asleep about 5 minutes later and I continued driving. There hasn't been very many cars on this route. I've only seen about five in the last hour of driving.

As a last second decison, I was moved into the right lane to go to the gas station and some asshole sped up behind me and smashed into Eren's car.

"Holy fuck!" I yelled as I pulled over and parked. Eren jolted awake as I slammed the huge car door shut behind me. The idiot who smashed into the car was stopped behind us.

"Watch where you're going!" I yelled at him as I walked over to survey Eren's car. The guy stayed silent and just stared at me. I'm tired and cranky.

"Levi? What happ-. Oh, no, my car." Eren walked over to his slightly wrecked car.

The right end of the car was smashed. The man's eyes bounced back and forth between Eren and I.

"What the hell were you thinking? I had made my intentions well known. Did you think you could speed by and pass me up?" I started to walk towards him. He still hasn't said anything. "I'm sorry, did I cut your tongue off?"

"Look, man, it was an accident. Let's trade information and then continue on with our business." I looked over at his car, it was barely damaged, just a few scratches.

"Levi, I don't know what he's saying, but let's just let it go. My insurance can cover the damage." Eren was now standing next to me.

I sighed and we traded our information. When the idiot left I flipped him off and yelled, "Fuck you!"

Eren just watched me silently. I walked over to his car and made sure it was still safe to tow. Luckily it was. I climbed into the uhaul and left the door open. Eren was still standing outside so I grabbed a cigarette and lit it.

I closed my eyes as I inhaled and exhaled the smoke. I heard Eren sigh and I opened my eyes. He was standing next to my door.

"What? I'm pissed so I'm smoking." I took another hit and blew it to the far left of Eren.

Eren walked up to me and grabbed the cigarette out of my hand. I stared at him as he looked me dead in the eye and took a hit of his own. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What? I'm pissed so I'm smoking." Eren said to me in the most serious voice I've ever heard.

"Just put it out and let's go. There's a rest stop about 10 minutes from here." I smacked my head against the steering wheel when Eren was out of sight. "Fucking hell."