Golden moments

There's a feelin' that I get from nothin' else

And there ain't nothin' in the world that makes me go! Go! Go, go, go, go, go!
Turn the power up
I've waited for so long so I could hear my favorite song so, let's go! Go! Go, go, go, go, go!
When it's like this I feel the music shootin' through me
There's nothin' else that I would rather do.

Twisted Sister, "I Wanna Rock"

The release party was held right after Thanksgiving, and Ella brought not only Bucky but also his parents, still there for the holiday, and of course Sam brought Becca. The crowd was the usual—MTV and radio executives, industry insiders, everybody from the label, the video directors and their guests. The tracks played out of order, with the videos coming in last. Ella, her musicians, and their guests sat together to watch. It looked really good; there were the elements that carried on through the whole four shoots that provided cohesion without being obnoxious about it. Ella loved the performance by the Flatirons, showcasing the beauty of the area and providing a wistful, aching quality to the ballad. The one featuring the House of Mirrors was fine, she thought, very MTV, excellent cinematography. The one at the Civic Center Park was kind of cheesy, but it looked really good. Again, another hit for MTV, good head-banging songs. Ella's hand clasped Bucky's as the final video at the mansion came up. It was looked amazing, the director using lighting and color to tell the story. Rather than the comic-book look of "Take On Me," the director had used effects artistically to evoke pre-Raphaelite art, lines and colors overlaid over Bucky and the set, everything that connected to the stained glass, including the first rose that had fallen "out" of the window. The image of Juliet in the window had been erased by special effects for all but the final shot. And in the final scene, color crept over the white dressing gown as Ella joined her lover in the bower set; the last image was the window as it really existed, showing both Romeo and Juliet. It was Ella's favorite by far, and she kissed Bucky at the end.

"Thank you so much for helping, James." she said, nuzzling his cheek. "You look....wow. Your thighs in those pants..." He grinned.

"My pleasure, Bella," he murmured. "I'm always ready to kiss you or to draw you into an alternate reality. Your choice, sweetheart." She laughed, then they looked at Nick, who was up at the front again.

"Many of you know that we filmed the full concert in Denver for this album," he stated. "The movie will be released just before Ella's summer tour kicks off in order to build anticipation for her shows. The director, Jonathan Demme, has put together a sneak peek for us, before it's released as a teaser." He sat down again and the screens flickered.

Black and white stills from the theater concert flicked by, then the audio was laughter as a scene from the Mesa Trail played; the drummer had overbalanced on one shot and tipped over, no damage but to his dignity. Cuts to the musicians practicing, showing the collaborative nature of the group, Ella hitting a very wrong note in the House of Mirrors shoot. "Oh, *bleep*," she said immediately, wincing. "That's terrible. Can we try again?" More laughter. A moment showing Ella and Bucky together; he was stroking his fingers through her hair as she cuddled into him, arms wrapped firmly around his waist. He was murmuring something too softly for the mikes to pick up but had her smiling before stretching up to kiss him lightly. Clips from practices, 'behind the scenes' at the video shoots, one of Ella onstage in the small theater during a sound check, grinning at the sound engineer saying "Turn it up, Donnie, let's rock this house," and closing with Ella addressing the three other musicians backstage. "This is going to be a great show," she said with conviction. "Let's go out there, give it everything we've got. You guys are amazing; it's a real privilege to play with you. You ready?"