It happens

That one guitar felt good in his hands
Didn't take long to understand
Just one guitar slung way down low
Was a one way ticket, only one way to go.

So he started rockin'
Ain't never gonna stop.
Gotta keep on rockin'
Someday he's gonna make it to the top

And be a juke box hero, got stars in his eyes.
He's a juke box hero. He took one guitar

Juke box hero, stars in his eyes
Juke box hero, he'll come alive tonight

Foreigner, Jukebox Hero

When they got home, Ella got all three guitars in the living room with her Marshall, refined the tuning of each, and started playing their music to see which guitar would be best for each song. It was fun to hear the differences, some very slight, and get used to her new toys. Bucky listened, commented, and occasionally drummed with his hands on the arms of his chair, warbling along off-key, asking what she liked and didn't like.

The door opened and Steve poked his head around from the entryway. "Wow," he said, his blue eyes going big. "When did you get them, Ella?"

"Today," she said, pleased. "I need more than one in case there's a malfunction. It's good to have backup."

"Can you afford them both?" he asked.  "They're not cheap." She scowled at him.

"Yes, I can afford them," she snapped. "I've still got a little money from the insurance and the driver who caused the accident, plus what we're earning from the label, even after splitting the house and the costs of getting the band launched with you, brother. And my expenses are lower because I'm not going out most nights to get loaded and laid." Steve went red.

"Maybe you should get laid," he said cuttingly. "Might improve your temper."

"Not cool, Steve," Bucky muttered. "What do you have there?"

"Oh," he said, diverted. "The label had a meeting with me. They're set to release the album in December, after we've been on tour for a couple weeks to build up publicity, get it on Christmas wish lists. First single and the video will drop right after our first gig."

"Why weren't we all invited?" Bucky asked, frowning. "We're all equal in the band."

"I don't know," Steve said, shrugging his big shoulders. "It wasn't very long, just that notification plus pre-tour publicity." He gave them each a Xeroxed sheet. "Look, Rolling Stone is sending a reporter! And Spin and Circus."

"Wow," said Bucky, studying the page. In addition to that interview for the whole band, there were interviews that had set up for each member. "Tiger Beat?" his nose wrinkled and Ella laughed. She had Seventeen, Mademoiselle, Glamour, and Guitar Player. She gloated over that last one. "Who does Nat have?"

"Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Teen, and Bass Player."

"Who do you have?" Ella asked, her attention on her page. Lots to do and tight timelines.

"Teen Beat. New York, Interview, and Guitar World," Steve said nonchalantly. Bucky shot him a sharp look, which Steve correctly interpreted. "No, I didn't have any say in who got what."

"Mmm," Bucky said uninformatively, and sauntered upstairs, still looking at his schedule.

"Maybe you'd like to tell me why the clerks at the music store think you're the lead guitarist of Shield," Ella said quietly.

"I don't know why they'd say that," he said defensively.

"Maybe because Ron said you were giving that impression, asking for resources for how to improve your playing."