Irrational

A/N: aka. 4 times Larry was totally *not* jealous around people who needed to learn their place. this is dedicated to Dasha, who wanted something a bit more lighthearted for a change...

1) Annoyingly cute kid at the workshop

Larry couldn't quite place the sudden unease blossoming in his chest at the sight of Laurent pressing yet another kiss to the fuzzy crown of the little boy's head.

It wasn't like he didn't enjoy the presence of kids at their workshops. He was just as baby-hungry as his brother, if not more so. And yet an unnerving feeling stirred in his chest whenever Laurent whirled the boy through the air, causing him to wheeze with laughter.

Laurent grinned up at the child and lowered the boy until he could press even more kisses to his chubby cheeks and arms and Larry rolled his eyes hard at the sight. His brother was going to smother the kid to death if he didn't stop doing that.

Larry was not, repeat not, jealous of a child hogging his twin's attention. He wasn't desperate enough to compete for Laurent with a four-year-old. Larry scoffed. Jealous. How ridiculous.

It was just that maybe the little boy had gotten a little too comfortable with his new position in Laurent's arms and maayyyybe Laurent had gotten a bit too distracted with the way the kid was blabbering away happily about his toys and dinosaurs and whatever.

It wouldn't have been such a big issue if Laurent had at least given Larry the occasional glance, but right now that kid was monopolizing Laurent's attention and that just wasn't acceptable.

"Larry?" Laurent's voice made Larry snap out of his reverie. He had been completely lost in thought, his gaze lingering on Laurent's chest or more precisely, on the little boy that was latched onto it.

"What's wrong?" Laurent dared to ask as if he hadn't just spent the better part of an hour ignoring him. Larry pouted, his body turned away from Laurent as if he hadn't heard him.

"Larry?" Laurent set the boy down with a worried furrow on his brow and Larry may or may not have felt a tiny bout of satisfaction at the way the little boy pulled on his twin's pant leg to recapture the attention of his favorite new playmate.

"It's nothing," Larry said with an edgy little shrug, not quite able to keep the annoyance out of his tone. "Go back to work." What he really wanted to say was, 'go back to your little friend' but Larry had just enough composure left to bite his tongue.

With a shrug, Laurent returned to the boy as though nothing happened and picked up right where he left of, hugging the kid to his chest. The next kisses he pressed to the boy's hair and forehead were extra provocative and that was when Larry realized that Laurent was looking at him from atop the little boy's head, waiting for his reaction and quietly smiling to himself.

He knew.

That fucker knew.

"Bastard," Larry growled, while Laurent hid a knowing little smirk in the boy's downy hair.

2) Jessica

In all his life as a twin, Larry never had to fight anyone for his status in Laurent's life. 

Larry knew that he didn't have to compete for Laurent's heart or for that bond that's been forged even before they were born. But right now, here, at age twenty-six Larry was so jealous he wanted to wring someone's neck. 

Preferably someone with a luscious wild mane and a gorgeous face who went by the name Jessica.

Larry's stomach was tied in knots every time she was around them.