The Funeral and Next Steps

Hey everyone. More emotional triggers.
Reader discretion advised.

Two Days Later....

Dwayne and Joe buried their children in an ultra private service. The only individuals in attendance were Dwayne, Joe, John, Joshua, Dr. Shareef, Melinda and Chaunny. Jon and Joshua's children were being cared for by Antoinette, the housekeeper and nanny that the twins hired to help Chaunny since she'd given birth a month ago. Dwayne and Joe, during the service, were inconsolable. As the casket was lowered in the ground, Joe once again lost it, the finality of the children's loss becoming real.....

"Hey!!! What the FUCK are you doing?!!! Why you throwing dirt on my kids like that?! They can't be in the ground by themselves!!! They're......just...babies!!!" Joe wailed in anguish as he collapsed to the ground, howling in pain, and grabbing his hair.

"Don't leave us pleasssseeeeee!!!!! We're so sorry we didn't protect you and mommy. Please forgive us!!!! We'll make it right, we promise!!!" Dwayne bawled as he also collapsed to the ground, trying to reach in the grave with one hand and beating the ground with the other.

The whole scene was so heart breaking, that even Chaunny, Malinda, and Dr. Shareef began weeping.

"Come on USOs, we got y'all. We gonna handle this shit, we promise!!" Jon vowed as he and his twin physically consoled their devastated cousins.

A Few Weeks After The Funeral.....

Dwayne and Joe were at home sulking, still in a deep state of profound grief. All they did was drink alcohol, smoke weed and sit around and look at pictures of their beloved wife and cry. Their luxurious mansion was a mess: pizza boxes and Chinese take out boxes, everywhere along with beer cans and wine bottles littering the floors and it looked as if a hurricane and hit it, due to Joe's angry outbursts. Dr. Shareef and Malinda offered to help them clean and offered their resignations, but Dwayne refused to accept them. He still want them to stay on and help Jasmine when and if she returned home.

They were also depressed because she remained in a medically induced coma. Dr. Copeland felt it would be best, because she was having a hard time recovering. Therefore, she remained in a coma for precautionary measures for another few weeks.

This news didn't sit well with Joe. When he was told that she would remain in a medically induced coma, for "precautionary measures", he flew into an absolute rage. He was so angry, he began trashing the hospital. It was so bad that police and hospital security had to be called. He was pepper sprayed, tasted, and handcuffed— in that order—before he would calm down.

So since that time, Dwayne and Joe had been sitting at home, drinking, and crying when they weren't sleeping. They didn't shower, shave and they had took time off from their business to deal with their grief and sorrow.

They were sitting around the house in a daze when Dwayne's phone rang.....

"Hello?" He said.

"Mr. Johnson? This is Nurse San Jose. I just wanted to let you know that your wife is awake and talking." She said.

"Oh my god! Really?" Dwayne said, perking up at the great news! Ok! Well Joe and I are on our way!"

"What was that all about?" Joe asked.

"Our babygirl is awake!" Dwayne said, smiling.

"Oh thank god!" Joe said, tears coming to his eyes once again.

Dwayne and Joe then showered, groomed themselves and headed to the hospital.

When they arrived, they were extremely nervous because they didn't know what to expect. Would she recognize them? Would she be confused? Would she remember that she was pregnant?

They  reached her room and saw that she had two dozen red roses and noticed that two truck drivers who rescued her, Mark and Steve, were also there. Dwayne was surprised, and Joe was pissed off. He was pissed because what the fuck were they doing near his wife. Part of him was grateful for them rescuing her, but his brown eyed jealousy couldn't stomach the fact that two other men was giving his baby girl flowers.

"Oh...hey guys, we were in town, dropping off a delivery and we were just checking in on the little gal. Ain't that right, little lady?" Mark said, as he playfully pinched her cheek, causing Jasmine to giggle.

 Ain't that right, little lady?" Mark said, as he playfully pinched her cheek, causing Jasmine to giggle

"First off, don't touch my wife and second, her name is Jasmine, not little lady." Joe snarled, his jealousy, getting the better of him.

Surprisingly, Mark didn't take Joe's aggression personally. Mark was married to a wonderful woman back in Texas named Michelle, and was the father of a beautiful little girl. He would do anything for his family, and he understood that Joe was just being overprotective.

"Hey, it's cool man, no disrespect intended." Mark smiled, holding up his hands in defense.

Just then, Jasmine spoke up....

"See what the nice men gave me? They are so pretty. I can't wait to see my babies! Where are they? I asked the nurse but no one will tell me anything." Jasmine said, smiling weakly.

At that moment, Dwayne and Joe looked extremely uncomfortable....

"Hey fellas, can I talk to you guys outside for a second?" Dwayne asked, nervously.

"Yeah sure." Steve said, as he and Mark stepped outside and closed the glass door to Jasmine's room....

"What's going on babe?" Jasmine asked, confused.

Joe took a deep breath before speaking...

"Baby girl, I-I gotta tell you something." Joe said, as tears came to his eyes....

Meanwhile outside the room....

"I wanna thank you guys on behalf of Joe and myself in getting her to the hospital in time..." Dwayne said, gratefully.

"It was the right thing to do. How are the babies?" Steve asked.

"They didn't make it." Dwayne said, as he hung his head.

"Awww man, I'm so sorry, that's some bullshit! Have they caught the sons of bitches yet?" Steve asked, angrily.

"No, not yet they..." Dwayne started to say as he was cut off by a muffled scream. He looked up and saw Jasmine screaming and crying, and Joe holding her in an attempt to calm her down, as she was hysterical.

Dwayne, Mark and Steve watched Joe holding Jasmine and crying once again.

Dwayne then closed his eyes, took a deep breath before he continued speaking...

"Can I ask you guys something?" He asked.

"Sure." Steve said, looking at Mark.

"How would you guys like to make a couple of million, tax free?" Dwayne asked.

"Uh... yeah, but doing what?" Mark asked.

"Making some pickups and deliveries." Dwayne said, in a low bone chilling voice, never taking his eyes off Jasmine and Joe.

TBC
Oh boy...what do you all think Dwayne was talking about?
Please comment and vote!