New Blessings and Happy Endings

Second to last chapter guys!

Two Months Later.....

Jasmine had still been having severe morning sickness, and she could barely keep anything down. Not only that, she was showing more than usual. She had been only eight weeks pregnant, but she look like she was four months pregnant. Her face, breasts, and feet were swollen and she slept 16 hours a day.

Although Dwayne and Joe were over joyed at the prospect of becoming fathers, they had many concerns. First, like before, who was the father? Second, she was bigger than normal, so how many babies were in there? Was it twins? Or maybe even triplets? Will she have a safe pregnancy? So many thoughts were running through both men's minds, and they were clearly worried. Because they were worried, they called Dr. Shareef.

"Don't worry, Joe, she'll be fine. As a matter of fact, I have scheduled an ultrasound and lab work for her to complete this week." She said, in an attempt to calm them down.

"Dr. Shareef, you don't know how much it means to Joe and myself that you and Malinda are taking such good care of Jasmine." Dwayne said.

"It's no problem at all. I feel that in the time that I've been working for you all, I view you all not only as a patient – client, but also as family." She said with a smile.

A Few Days Later.....

Jasmine was scheduled for her ultrasound and lab work. However, she had a feeling that she was caring more than one baby. As a result, she decided that she wanted to surprise her beloved husbands with the results.

"What the fuck you mean we can't go with you?!" Joe snapped, when Jasmine told him and Dwayne that they couldn't go with her to the appointment.

"Please baby don't be angry." Jasmine said softly trying to calm him down.

"What the hell you mean don't be angry?! I'm the father of that baby inside you!!!!" Joe yelled angrily as he pointed at Jasmine's stomach.

"You don't know that!" Dwayne scoffed, rolling his eyes.

Joe turned and looked at Dwayne with a look so cold, he could have frozen to death.

"Like I said, I have EVERY right to be there! Dwayne, the hell is wrong with you? Why aren't you pissed off?!" Joe yelled.

"Calm your ass down jabroni!!" Dwayne shot back. "I'm sure there's a good reason, right sweetheart?"

"Yes, I just want to surprise both of you, that's all." Jasmine said.

After a few moments of tense silence, Joe took a deep breath before responding....

"Aight.....fine..... I ain't feeling this shit....but whatever." Joe said. "B-but what if the baby ain't mine? Huh?! What happens to me then? Huh?" He said, his voice cracking heavily with emotion.

"Or what if it isn't mine? Did you ever stop to think how that would affect me, you selfish bastard?!" Dwayne snapped, his voice cracking with emotion as his eyes welled up with tears.

Joe became silent at Dwayne's statement, and he was right, there was a possibility that the baby could be his and not Dwayne's, and he knew that Dwayne would be just as heartbroken.

"Yo-you're right, Uce. I-I'm sorry. I didn't consider your feelings." Joe stated.

Jasmine really felt bad, she didn't realize how much the uncertainty of paternity was stressing out her beloved husbands.

"Oh my loves, I promise that whatever happens, we will continue to be a happy family. I promise that on everything I hold dear." She promised her spouses.