Shadows of the Past (Part 4)

Author's Note: If you would like to see any specific scene, please comment or message me! I'm open to suggestions.

Amy turned to the dark hedgehog as the scene began to change again and asked, "How old were you when you met Maria?"

"About a week old, if I remember right," he answered curtly with his arms crossed. He was definitely grateful they hadn't seen what he was like during that first week. The embarrassment alone would be enough to kill him. The others had equally shocked faces, and he shrugged.

"I learn fast," he replied and turned his attention to the next scene. Though he hated having to relive his past in front of "faker" and his friends, a part of him missed these small moments, when things were never as complicated as they were in the present.

The scene finally cleared to reveal Young Shadow standing alone in a large empty metal room. The ceiling was about as high as a five story building, and the only door was right in front of him, with no handle on the inside. Above it was a large glass window that revealed the inside of a wide room, where the time travellers, along with Gerald and a few other scientists, were watching. Most of the smaller room was filled with research and recording equipment, save for a spare table here and there. Young Shadow was looking up at them with an almost bored expression, and his present counterpart rolled his eyes. He knew what was coming all too well.

Gerald looked down at the young hedgehog with a small frown, "Now Shadow, because you were late, I am going to have to set the settings to a higher difficulty for your training."

Young Shadow smirked, "Don't go easy on me, Professor."

Present Shadow facepalmed and mumbled, "Only two months old, and I think I own everything."

"What does he mean by training?" Knuckles asked, and the dark agent rolled his eyes.

"I wasn't made with the knowledge on how to fight. I had to train and practice."

"How?" Sonic asked, and his rival gave him a knowing look.

"You'll find out."

Pro. Gerald revealed a devilish grin similar to his grandson, "I am putting it on one of the highest settings. You haven't faced this level yet, and you will continue training until I say you're finished or you pass out from exhaustion. Whichever comes first."

"Then what are we standing around for? Let's go!" Young Shadow called with a wide, confident smile as he dropped into a battle stance. The doctor's grin only grew.

"Without your inhibitors," he added and pressed a button. There was a beeping sound, and Young Shadow's gold rings clanked on the floor before a metal arm appeared out of the wall and collected them. The younger lifeform's grin faltered, and he muttered something, while his present self smirked.

"What did you say?" Tails asked.

"I'm in trouble."

The team laughed until large slots in the walls opened and dozens of robots of different kinds swarmed out with their targets set on the mobian. Young Shadow narrowed his eyes and waited a few seconds. As soon as the first shot rang out, he attacked.

The time travellers struggled to keep up with how fast he was moving, apart from Shadow and Sonic. They watched as he spindashed and skated through the lines. His eyes pinpointed a line of robots and his hands glowed golden for a split second.

"Chaos Spear!" he commanded, and the yellow daggers hit their marks, decimating the foremost line. His gloved palms then glowed green as he skated through the army of robots, slashing them as he went. He hopped on top of them until he was catapulting into the air, and he used his skates to hover. The green energy turned red, and he growled at the army below.