Magnetic (Part 2)

Shadow and Amy arrived at Tails' workshop in a matter of minutes. He could've gotten them there faster, but Amy insisted that she needed to adjust her position every couple hundred miles. She fell asleep in her last position, the smooth rocking of Shadow's skating lulling her into a dreamless rest. This gave the ebony hedgehog time to think without the constant paranoia of someone listening in.

    His thoughts often started the same way, trying to figure out how to get of this mess, but for some unidentifiable, stupid reason, they would wander back to the sakura female in his arms. He had always seen her either "faker-happy," as he called it, bubbly and talkative, or fiercely fighting with either Eggman or Sonic when he refused another date with her. He had never seen Amy so quiet and peaceful, as if she felt completely safe in his grasp, something that silently frightened him to no end. He couldn't let himself get close to her, or he could lose her the same way he lost Maria...

      Shadow dispelled the thoughts in his mind as he cautiously carried Amy up the rickety wooden steps to the fox's workshop/home. He found the door was unlocked and proceeded inside. He was surprised that Tails and Sonic had never been robbed if they left their house open for everyone to just walk in. He found a large green couch in the living room and laid the female he had been holding on to it to rest properly. Her face frowned in her sleep as his warmth and soft fur were no longer there, and Shadow quickly found a pillow within his reach as a replacement. With nowhere else to sit without waking Amy, his only choice was to sit on the floor beside the couch with his hand close to hers, a fact that made him grimace every time he thought about it, and he rested his head against the armrest her face was closest to. Black eyelids closed, and he unintentionally fell asleep as well. 

Ten Minutes Later

     Sonic and Tails arrived a few minutes after Shadow and Amy and began to talk as they approached the house. 

     "Y'know, I don't hear any fighting," Sonic spoke up. Tails nodded.

     "Weird. I would've thought they'd be at each other's throats after a few minutes."

    Sonic smirked, "I don't know. The way they looked into each other's eyes and the way Shadow swooped Amy off her feet seemed very different."

    Tails laughed, "You're not jealous are you?"

  "No way. I've always seen Ames more like a sister than a girlfriend."

    "I wonder what the blast did to them exactly. Shadow said they share a mind link now and that their bands seemed magnetized to each other. I just hope it doesn't have any other side effects."

    Sonic frowned as they stepped into the house, "What kind of si--"

      His entire train of thought ran off the tracks as he looked at the two guests in his living room. Amy was asleep on the couch with her hand gently clutching Shadow's. Speaking of whom, he was sitting on the floor with one leg pulled up and the other extended out and his forehead touching hers. It appeared he was asleep as well.

    "Psst, Tails, get the camera. This is perfect blackmail material," Sonic whispered, and his little brother tiptoed quietly to grab it. Once it was in the blue hedgehog's hands, he instantly snapped a picture of the two dozing mobians.

    But at the sound of the camera's click, Shadow's eyes snapped open, and he found himself in a very compromising place. His face was less than an inch away from Amy's, and the surprise was evident on his face as he quickly backed away. He looked up to see Sonic and Tails with their eyes wide and mouths open, unaware that his rival had hidden the camera. 

     "Promise me you won't tell a soul," Shadow growled. The two nodded, but Sonic was inwardly trying to repress the grin threatening to expose the evidence he had captured and had his fingers crossed the entire time. He couldn't let Mr. "Ultimate Lifeform" live it down.