Losing Cover (Sequel to Deep Cover)(REQUEST)

A request from csp to continue "Deep Cover." Thank you for all of your support!

Third Person POV

    "Hey, Ghosty," Sasha purred as she strutted into the living room of the apartment above the poker club, where they held their usual dealings. The entire upstairs had become a base of operations and home for the crime ring at this point, meaning it was also the ebony agent's current home.

    Shadow's ear twitched in recognition, and he released a sigh of annoyance, subtly ending the com link to Rouge at G.U.N. Headquarters. He had successfully collected enough evidence to put the criminals behind bars and would soon be called out of his deep cover mission. But that also meant cutting off loose ties. Ties he never meant to have in the first place.

   "Listen, Sasha," he began, keeping his gaze facing the window cityscape. The black cat grinned, brushing a hand through her luscious charcoal locks.

  "I'm listening. What's on your mind?"

   "Yo, Ghost," Flint interrupted, "Where'd you put my spare magazine?"

   Crimson orbs flickered over to the brown bat as he replied, "In your room, on the bedstand, where it was supposed to go."

   The hazel-colored bat rolled his eyes, "You and your organizing. Sometimes I think you really are OCD, Ghost-hog."

   "For the last time, I am not OCD," Shadow hmphed, unintentionally making Sasha chuckle, "Why are you looking for it anyways?"

   "Hey, it's good to be prepared."

The black and red hedgehog crossed his arms, clearly not convinced. Flint sighed and flapped his dark, muddy brown wings.

   "Fine. I'm going to see my little bro and make sure everything's all right."

   Shadow nodded. Flint had a nine year old little brother living in the slums of downtown Westopolis with his mom. From what he understood, the family had been struggling for while before Flint met the Boss. Shadow hoped to change their situation for the better, as thinking about it always reminded him of a certain white bat he knew.

   "Don't do anything stupid."

  The brown bat smirked and sent a two-fingered salute, "No promises," he laughed, "See ya, G. Bye, Sash!"

   With that, Flint vanished into his room and out the window, leaving the dark-furred pair alone once again. Sasha brushed her fluffy tail along Shadow's side, her half-lidded gaze never leaving his crimson orbs as she drew close.

   It's this kind of behavior that gives everyone else the wrong impression of me, Shadow thought and gently pushed her away, practicing his patience.

    "Sasha, listen. I know what it is you want, but I can't--"

    "Hush, Ghosty," she interrupted, placing a glossy black finger on his lips, "We won't be alone forever, and I want to enjoy this moment."

   "Sasha," he said, more firmly this time, with a tinge of annoyance, but he was once again ignored as she hugged him. A light smile adorned her features as she heard his steady heartbeat quicken.

   "I talked to the Boss," she murmured, "I want us to be official."

   "We aren't a thing," he retorted sharply and put her away at arm's length a little less gently, "We never were, and I would appreciate it if you left me alone."

   The black cat giggled in response, "Then I guess it's too bad Boss liked the idea."

   "You're delusional! Did someone slip catnip into your coffee?"