7

November 17, 1941
The air tasted sweet like freshly bloomed honey suckle and the weather had just begun to transition from fall to winter.

Desume found herself in an old cafe in the city center wondering what she would do. Of course, it was 4:30 pm.

She was fresh from work and she felt bored. Of course, it wouldn't be but a month until Bucky would be gone.

She was still distracting herself and she hadn't talked to him since seeing Steve. She knew it wasn't his fault.

Even so, it didn't mean she wasn't hurting him. Leaning back she felt her frustrations eat at her.

She knew he had been on duty before, but she was just so worried. It ate her up inside. Looking down at the expensive hot chocolate she ordered she sighed.

What was she doing? Not spending the little time she had left with her soulmate. Deciding she was being foolish she downed the drink in one go.

Then she walked out of the shop. She wore a simple winter outfit greys and browns adorning her soft Carmel skin.

It wasn't long before she was standing outside their apartment, not knowing if she should knock or not. Then the door opened.

Steve stood there and smiled."He's in his room I'm off to work." Desume felt her heart race."Ok." Kissing his cheek she fixed her skirt and walked in.

Steve locked the door behind him with a click. Making bucky think he was the only one left in their small apartment.

The soldier turned a corner. His eyes widened at the sight of his soulmate. "Im Sorry I just was so scared and I-"

She didn't notice her lover walking up to her as she ranted, but when she did she was already enveloped in his arms.

"Please just hug me, Darlin." He murmured in her ear. She felt her body relax against his. "Ok soldier."

She says with a smile. She had missed him terribly. Now she knew why. It wasn't because he was leaving or that he would be going to war soon.

It was because she never really got to express her feelings for him. Seeing as he was viewed as her best friend to her in public.

Though now she had him all to herself. "Would I get the honor to kiss you, Mr. James Buchanan Barnes?"

The man looked down at her creating a gap between them."Well, I wouldn't be a gentleman if I didn't accept such a kind offer."

He picked her up and kissed her making her squeal."Bucky!" He grinned and spun her around."I say we spend tonight together Darlin how about you?"

Smiling she leaned forwards."Sounds like a plan to me Mr. Barnes." He only smiled before setting her down.

"Then I say how about you and me dance?" She looked at him confused.'And how would we do that?"

He leaned back and put on the record player."Just like this." He says taking her hand and spinning her.

Desume felt her heart grow big as she danced along with him. How silly it was dancing in a kitchen with her soulmate but she loved it just the same.