40

Thirty minutes. Thats how long she was stuck in the press meeting. It was adresing any threats and damages that happen because of the Avengers.

Annoyingly enough she didn't think anyone seemed to get that.

All questions she received were personal and had nothing to do with any general safety of the public.

So far she had told them she was 30 and grew up in Brooklyn. One of those was a lie.

She was attempting to avoid all very personal questions about the Avengers or herself, but it was getting increasingly hard.

Apparently, since they had never seen her before, they wanted to know everything about her.

She could understand that to a point, but they were pushing it too far. Eventually, she was able to end the meeting on a good note without revealing too much about herself.

Thankfully no one was able to pick up on her sour mood.

When she made it back to the tower she was thankful for the elevator. Her feet were starting to hurt from the height o the heels.

usually, she didn't really care about pain but it was starting to irritate her.

Everything seemed to get her worked up in the past weeks. No one seemed to notice, or maybe they didn't care.

Whatever it was she didn't like it. This made her slowly back off from everyone.

At first it was a slow decline. Then suddenly they couldn't find her. No one could find her. The problem was they also couldn't find her.

In the best situation she would have hidden. It wasnt seeming like that was it.

She however she wasn't hiding. She was were she always was on Thursday's. A cafe two blocks away. She wore her scarf up to her nose.

Her hair fell down her back hiding her identity. Sipping some coffee she stared at the clock.

Tears ran down her face as she looked at the cup streaming in her hands. Nothing. They didn't even notice.

Sitting a twenty on the table she left her coffee there before getting up.

She couldn't take this anymore. They hadn't changed and they weren't going to anytime soon. So why would she try.

Why would she attempt to make something work that wouldn't?

So she didn't. She walked to her car. Looking in the backseat she saw her two suitcases. Would this be it.

Would this be her life now? Maybe. At least she would be able to live how she wanted.

She was fine without them for year's she would be fine for another few. It's not like she needed them anyways.

Sometimes no matter how hard you try your just not good enough.

She knows that. She also knows that it's best if she didn't look back, if she didn't hope they would change.

They were the Avengers and not even she could fit herself in with them.

Something inside of her wanted them to surround her car and beg her not to leave, but they didn't so she left.