10

January 1 1942
Desume woke up with a yawn checking the clock by her bed.

She noticed Steve looking at her intently. He seemed to scribble something down. "Stevie can you come over here please?"

He looked confused as he sat down his journal and walked over.

She sat up and took his hand."I think we should move in together." He froze."It would just be better for the both of us and we can move-"

Steve took his hand and put it over her mouth."Ok, I agree with you it is the responsible thing to do."

She looked at him with a smile."What were you drawing?" It was muffled with his hand but he still heard it.

Dropping his hand he went over to the table and tool his journal. Then he showed it to her.

She grinned looking at herself. She never really got to appreciate herself. Seeing a drawing of her from another person just made her love it more.

She stood up and kissed him softly."I love it." Said with a smile.
-
"Okay a little to the left." Steve moved the photo of his mother a little, giving Desume a smile."See look how nicely everything ties together."

Steve looked around his girls house. Now his house, and it felt surreal.

He hadn't had a home since his mothers house and that was long gone. So as he stepped back to admire what he shared with her he let out a small smile.

"Yes it does." She then looked at him with a grin."I also have a surprise for you."

He looked at her surprised. "You didn't have todo anything." He said to her worried she had spent too much money on him.

Shaking her head she took his hand."It's not anything crazy."

Leading him to a door he'd seen before she opened it. Looking inside he saw a room with big windows looking out into the garden.

Then there was a small desk with a few pencils and some paper.

Sat to the side was an easil covered by a tarp."I used to use this room to paint but I got so busy as a nurse I never had the time to do it again."

She said with a frown. Then she looked at him trying not to seem so sad.

"So I figured you would enjoy it when I was working seeing as you and me don't have the same schedules."

Steve looked at her with a sigh. "Do you mind if I can see the painting."

She looked at him embarrassed."Well it's not very finished." She muttered taking off the tarp. Steve looked at it.

It was a field with son rough sketches of people and a few smudges of paint.

"You should finish it." Desume smiled and covered it. "Maybe some other day we she should get some rest for tomorrow."

Steve looked at her nervous. Not ever being in bed with a woman before.

Desume looked over at him and smiled."I'm so glad you decided to do this with me, i don't think I could be able to stand the silence in this house anymore."