Meat Gum, thats all i got.

05/23

Let's go see if Chie can help with our snack situation.

"A snack that doesn't taste like a snack? Hmm, I have no idea. My snacks taste like snacks, you want some? Speaking of snacks, you ever get hungry inside the TV? Maybe I should bring something with me next time." Chie said.

She gave me a pack of... meat gum? Not sure what that is to be honest, but maybe the woman will like it. I went to find her in the shopping district.

"What's that smell? It smells raw, juicy and sweet. Is this the rumoured Meat Gum? *gulp* hey, can I have a bit? I want to try some." She said.

I gave her some. She tried it, then gagged immediately.

"Wh-what is this!? It's chewy meat! This is also considered a snack!? The world of snacks is vast and infinite. Well, that was certainly different and odd. When I think of "snack" I'll definitely recall this taste now. Thank you, now I won't linger in front of the Shiroku Store any more. Oh yes, I need to visit the Shrine, I made a wish to hate snacks there. I'll use my snack money as an offering!" She said.

The fox will be happy, I'll go by and check on the shrine another day. I'm gonna go bug Chie, again. Note to self, never ask Chie if she's got snacks on her when I'm hungry.

We headed to go eat at the local Chinese restaurant after training by the riverbank.

"Mmmmm, the meat and rice just flow through my veins." She said.

"Looks delicious." I said.

"I can't recommend the steak bowl enough! Their sauce is to die for! I need to work hard and pump myself up, or else I can't pull us out of a jam right? Especially Yukiko, I need to be able to protect her. I hope she's not straining herself, makes you worry huh?" She asked.

"I'll look out for her." I said.

"Thanks, you might not be the leader but you're still an important part of the team. I'll make myself stronger, for Yukiko too! So keep it up! I know me and Yosuke joke around with you a lot, but we're all counting on you." She said

I can sense Chie's burning passion.

Chariot Social Link: Rank 5

"All this talking is making me hungry. 'Scuse me! Another fried rice with meat please! How about you?" She asked.

"Yeah I could go for another." I said.

We talked for a while before parting ways.

I got home later that evening, Nanako is at the table talking with Yu. She saw me and waved. I sat down to chat with her.

"Hey big bro, why do people die?" She asked.

Uhhh, I'm not sure I'm ready to have this conversation with a child. She must be talking about her mother who died in an accident. But I was able to give an okay explanation for someone her age. We had a really awkward conversation about life and death.

"I see, this is hard, but I get it, thanks big bro!" She said.

"Is there anything else?" I asked.

"Well, ummm, okay there is! What happens to a person when they die?" She asked.

"They go to heaven." I said.

"So it is true, mommy went to heaven! Oh yeah, I saw this on the news, "Robbery at the Post Office." Why do bad people do bad things?" She asked.

"I don't know, that's, a tough question." I said.

"I see, you're not a bad person, so I guess you wouldn't know. But if there were no more bad people, dad would be home more. Last year, there weren't so many crimes, so dad was here a lot. He used to pick me up from kindergarten. Are bad people more important to dad than I am?" She said.