The Moon Shines

05/26

I decided to hang out with Ai after school.

We headed to Croco Fur in Okina.

"Today I feel like getting something that's easy to slip into. Hmm, doesn't look like they've gotten anything new in, I already have all of this." She said.

"We'll have to come back then." I said.

"I'll get something next time, but I want something today too. I came here to buy, not to look. Hey, I'm thirsty, buy me an ice latte." She said.

"Let's split one." I said.

"Huh? But I wanted my own. Oh well, I guess you'll have to buy a grande then." Ai said with a mischievous smile.

"Oh, Ai-chan, you're back again?" The saleswoman asked as she walked up.

"Well yeah." Ai said.

"Are you looking for anything in particular today? Oh we got a purse that's just your style! The guys'll be allll over you!"

"That's all right, I'm not shopping oft purses today." Ai said.

"Ooh, is that your boyfriend? He's quite a handsome one! Are you gonna introduce him to me? I've had worst luck with me lately! We were at the bar the other night-"

"Sorry, we've really gotta get going. I'll be back." Ai said.

We returned to the station.

"*sigh*, I hate salespeople. I'm the one keeping them in business, why do they have to pounce on me every time I go in there? They should get rid of all salespeople and put in vending machines. Press an button and out come your clothes." Ai said.

"Sounds like a good idea." I said.

"Isn't it? I don't need all that pointless banter. I can see right through it. There's no such thing as a relationship without ulterior motives. I don't know why, but I got a little annoyed when she was talking about you back there. She said you were handsome, good for you, I guess." She said. She looks like she's pouting.

I understand her a little better now.

Moon Social Link: Rank 2

"Let's go home, it'll be dark by the time we get back. Not like I have a reason to hurry." She said.

I went back to Inaba with Ai and headed home.

Evening.

I told Dojima about my nighttime jobs, he wasn't happy about it, but he agreed to let me go. That being said, I'm curious about what happened with Nanako's mother. I'll spend some time with Dojima.

He's got a large book out, and is looking for something.

"It was there before. Those damn kids, don't  they teach them how to file data anymore? Oh, sorry, I wasn't talking about you." He said.

"Can I help?" I asked.

"No, it's okay, don't worry about it. I was trying to find an old newspaper article, it was falling apart so I made a copy, but, the copy seems to have gone missing. There's a certain case where we don't have a suspect yet, and since the trail's gone cold, it's about to be buried under new cases. But I can't give up on this one. Ever." He said.

This doesn't seem like a good time to ask him about it. Nanako walked up to the table.

"Dad?" Nanako said.

"Hm? What's wrong?" Dojima asked

"My stomach hurts." She said.

Dojima stood up immediately.