A painful heal

07/12

Cal's POV.

Midday, Lunchtime.

School was somewhat back to normal, even with King Moron being dead, people were still panicking about finals, but there was more rumours going around about the Midnight Channel. That wasn't what concerned me, what concerned me was Y/n's behaviour, he's been, unusually, chipper, most days he's pretty moody around the clock. Maybe I'm just overthinking it, it could be that something really good happened yesterday. Yukiko walked in with a confused look on her face.

"Hey Cal, do you know if something happened to Y/n last night? He's been acting, really weird today." Yukiko said.

"You mean he's in a good mood? Yeah I thought that was a bid odd myself." I said.

"No I mean, he started hitting on me earlier, and he was really creepy about it." Yukiko said.

"Oh, yeah that doesn't sound like him at all, usually he respects other people's boundaries, it sounds like he's acting like Teddie or Cal." Chie said.

"Hey! I'm not creepy about it when I hit on girls, at least I don't think I am." I said.

"Now that you mention it, Y/n did come home pretty late last night." Yu said. "He got home right as I put Nanako to bed."

Some other students were talking.

"Hey did you guys hear? Apparently somebody broke into the liquor store last night."

"Damn, who the hell would steal from a grieving family like that? Don't they have enough problems on their hands?" 

"No, that's just it, they technically didn't steal anything, they left money for the bottle of Sake that they took, double the amount in fact! If it weren't for that investigator, nobody would've known that there was a break in. Whoever did it, was a professional."

I felt my blood run cold as I overheard their conversation.

"You don't think it was Y/n, do you?" Yukiko whispered to me.

"I KNOW it was Y/n, the guy was apart of a highly skilled team of hackers and thieves. They could break into a place, steal something, and the person they robbed wouldn't even know about it until sometimes a month later!" I said.

"I guess he must be slipping, We need to find him, and FAST." Yu said

After School.

We all split up and searched around town, the last place anyone saw him was at Junes, apparently he bought a whole bunch of camping equipment. He didn't go all the way up the mountain, did he?

Y/n POV.

It took me a little bit, but I got everything set up, the campfire set, the tent, and the sake. I'm just gonna live out here and become a mountain man, nobody else wants me down there, I'm better off just staying here. I picked up the bottle and got ready to open it.

"Now given that you technically paid for that, I can overlook the breaking and entering, but underage drinking is another matter entirely." A familiar voice said. It was Adachi, I guess I didn't cover up my tracks very well. "C'mon kid, put the bottle down."

I reluctantly handed it over to him, then he sat down beside me.

"You wanna talk about it? C'mon, I'm not stupid, you've been doing so good the past few months, you wouldn't do something like this unless you were going through some kind of hell." He said.

I gave him a vague explanation about what happened, I left out Naoto's name, as, frustrated as I am with her right now, I still respect her privacy.

"Geez, yeah, heartbreak is never easy to deal with. It sounds to me like she might be going through her own kind of hell right now, just, give her some space for now, and be ready to support her when she needs you." He said.