The Woes of the Dojima Family

05/30

I guess I should check in with Adachi, seeing as how he's my new Probation Officer. I don't think he knows yet, I guess Naoto hasn't asked him.

"What are you doing? Shopping for dinner? I'm impressed. I live alone, so taking care of dinner can be pretty tedious." He said.

"You don't eat?" I asked.

"Sure I eat, cup ramen or whatever." He said.

He doesn't particularly seem to have a healthy nutritional lifestyle.

"You want me to make you dinner?" I asked.

"Like, you'd come over to my house? Haha, that would be interesting, but I'd prefer a girl to come over. Cute girls are the best, though I go for the real knockouts myself. The most important thing is that they should be good cooks. Everything else, I can take or leave." He said.

An old woman stepped out of the elevator behind Adachi.

"Tohru-chan! Is that you?" She asked.

"Shit, she found me." Adachi said.

"Are you off work? I hope you're not doing anything dangerous." She said.

"Oh, no. I'm still on the clock, I was just on my way back to the station." Adachi said.

"I'm so happy to see you working hard. I brag about you to my neighbours all the time! I'll bring you some nimono okay? You have to take care of yourself. By the way, I saw this detective show on TV the other day." She began. She started going on and on.

"Um, I need to get back." Adachi said.

"Oh is it that time already? I hope your day goes well then." She said.

The old lady left.

"Finally. I guess her son has the same name as me. Maybe that's why she's been hanging around me ever since she found out, I don't know. She always brings huge heaps of that nimono to the station, and she'll talk your ear off if you let her. It's so annoying." He said.

"That does sound a little annoying." I said.

"Doesn't it? She's like that practically every day. She's the exact opposite of my parents, so I can't relate to people like that. She's lonely I guess. I don't think she has any relatives. I can't just ignore her and either, it's part of my job. The police have been busy lately, so I'm the only one who can deal with her." He said.

Despite his griping, Adachi looks happy, this is a new side of him that I've seen.

Jester Social Link: Rank 2

"Though I wished I shared a name with her grandson instead! I'm still only 37 after all! Well I should head back, or Dojima-san will really chew me out. See you." He said.

Evening.

I decided to spend my evening with Nanako. We sat down at the table in front of the TV.

"I'm home." Dojima said.

"Oh, welcome back! Um, dad?" She asked.

"Later, Nanako." Dojima said.

"B-but, this paper." Nanako said.

She set the paper on the table.

"Scheduling of Parent-Teacher Interviews"? A survey huh?" He said while scratching his head.

"Fine, it's fine okay!? You don't have to write anything, you don't have to come! It's just another case to you, right? It's just more work isn't it? Bad people and everyone else are more important to you than me, huh!? You're not "real". You're not my "real" dad!" She said, before storming out the door.