Part 68

06/28

I'll go give the kid the Tankriman sticker from Nanako. I'll check on him tomorrow. For now I'll bug Adachi.

"You sure have a lot of time on your hands. I feel like I keep seeing you around. But I guess that's what it's like for a high schooler. Enjoy it while you can." He said.

"You're slacking off again?" I asked.

"I wouldn't put it like that. Taking breathers is part of the job. It's all about efficiency. Everyone needs rest from time to time, and today, that old woman hasn't found me yet." He said.

The old woman from earlier came from another room, and Adachi tried to hide behind me.

"Hmm? Where did you go Tohru-chan?" She asked.

"Oh geez, not again. Did she bring me more Nimono?" Adachi asked.

"I'm right here mother. Did you finish your shopping?" A man said.

"I surely did. Let's go home. You're here for the first time in ages. I have to- oh why hello detective! Tohru-chan, this is Adachi-san, he's a police detective." She said.

"Hello, I hear you've been good to my mother."

"This is Tohru my son. He's in town to see me."

"Hahaha, well, I'm really here for my job. I have to go back in a few days though."

"Don't make an old woman sad dear. Though it's good to know you're working so hard. Tohru-chan works at a trading company. He takes lots of business trips overseas. So young, and he's already a manager!"

"Haha, come on mother. We're probably getting in the way of his work. Let's get home, okay?"

We overheard their conversation as they walked away.

"I'm going to make lots of your favourite Nimono."

"That's great! Make sure the renkon is a little tough."

"Of course dear."

"Guess it's doesn't have to be me. So that's the real one. We don't look a thing like each other! We're not even close in age, I think the only thing we have in common is our name! But as long as he's here, I don't have to talk to her, so that's a relief." He said.

"Does it make you sad?" I asked.

"Me? Sad? Why? I like being alone, it's easy and it let's me do whatever I want." He said.

"That's true." I said.

"Hahaha, you're so cold for a kid. But that's the smart way to be. You can't be around tons of people and feel bad every time they do." He said.

I feel like I understand Adachi a bit more.

Jester Social Link: Rank 6

Dojima came off the elevator and found Adachi.

"Adachi there you are!" He said.

"Ah! D-Dojima-san!" Adachi said.

"Hmm? Oh, it's you. Don't waste your time playing with high school kids! Let's go! Sorry he kept you like that, go on home." Dojima said.

"Hey wait, Dojima-saaaan! Did he just apologize for me? Well, see ya. Dojima-san's waiting." He said.

I saw Adachi run off, then I went home.

Evening.

I'll go Tutor Shu again.

"I need to make this sentence have the same meaning as the one in the example here, um, "he is good at"." Shu said