Preparing for a rescue

06/24

We headed to the TV world.

"Hey Teddie are you okay!?" Chie asked.

"I wasn't crying. Everyone was having fun out there, you forgot about me, I was abandoned." Teddie said.

"We would never do that!" Chie said.

"I'm sorry, were you lonely?" Yukiko asked.

"I was bored. It made me all Listless. I'm a useless bear, I don't even know why I am. I couldn't figure it out, and no one would come visit me. Then I thought I heard voices from your world, they were all having so much fun. I was so lonely that I tried to cry, but I couldn't. I also picked up a really scary smell, like TERRIFYING." He said.

"Well, you are hollow inside." Yosuke said.

"Shut up! Stop saying I'm hollow!" Teddie said.

"Don't snap at me! This is your world isn't it!? You're the one who said you just want to live here peacefully and made us promise to find the culprit!" Yosuke said.

"C'mon, I'm sure Teddie's just tired from thinking so much, right?" Chie asked.

"When I'm alone, I think too much. It makes me even lonelier. I was so sad that my chest would burst and cotton would fly out. Can I try scoring with you two someday?" He asked Chie and Yukiko as they tried to comfort him.

"Sure, go right ahead." Chie said.

"Can we please drop the whole "scoring" thing?" Yukiko asked.

"Anyways we wanted to ask you something, how's it been over here?" Yosuke said. "Did a girl named Rise Kujikawa get thrown in here? Did you smell her?"

"Rise Kujikawa? Hm..." Teddie said.

"You can't tell, your nose is kinda losing its edge lately huh?" Yosuke said.

"I'm a pretty shabby bear. Soon I won't be useful at all. Then I'll get thrown away." Teddie said.

"That's not true." Yu said.

"I can, stay with you all?" Teddie asked.

"Okay, then we'll go look for something, that'll help your search, like last time." Chie said.

"I can't tell for sure, but I can kinda sense someone in here. As well as something terrifying, and powerful. I think I'll be able to find her, I just need some kind of hint." Teddie said.

Looks like we have to collect info.

"There's a lot of things I don't understand." He said.

"We've got your back." Yu and I said.

"Thank you beary much. You're really kind, Sensei. I'll try even harder from now on." He said.

Teddie is trying his best and is relying on us.

Thou Art I, and I am Thou
Thou hast established a new bond

It brings thee closer to the truth.

Thou shalt be blessed when thou uses the power of the Star Arcana.

Star Social Link: Rank 1

"I'll be waiting here." Teddie said.

We all split up and looked for clues. We asked all over town and got a lot of different answers. We're gonna end up waiting for the paparazzi to come back another day, so I'll spend some time with Ai.

We went to the rooftop.

"H-hey, umm, t-thank you for that, last time." She asked.

"What're you talking about?" I asked.

"You know, at the shoe lockers, those stupid guys were talking about me. I-I'm, I'm in a weird mood. Every time I think about what happened, I can feel my heart beat faster and I hardly sleep at night. Wh-What should I do? I, I think, what should I do? I think, I'm in love. It's funny isn't it? Like why now? I just keep thinking back on that day. And about Daisuke-kun. D-Do you know if he has a girlfriend? Do you think I'm his type? Or do you think he hates, people like me?" She asked.

"Have a little confidence." I said.

"Y-You're right! I'm not used to things like this. You're the only one I can turn to." She said.

I feel like our relationship has grown deeper, since she's opened up to me more.

Moon Social Link: Rank 5

"All I need you to do is, ask him what's his type. That's it." She requested.

"No problem." I said.

"Thank goodness. Um, you don't have to do it today or anything, but, p-please." She said.

We went our separate ways.

Evening.

I decided to Tutor Shu tonight.

"Oh I see, the word "that" was omitted, so it's really saying..." He said.

I gently instructed him. We eventually took a break.

"To tell you the truth, I'm not that good with the English language. I can memorize what's in the textbook, and get good grades on tests, but I don't really understand it. But the teacher doesn't comprehend the difference from reading a textbook and speaking to people. Teaching must be a great job, even idiots can be arrogant when they know more than you do. They don't get it what it means to learn at all." He said.

"That's just how it is." I said.

"A student's value is equal to how well he scores on tests, well at least THAT's easy to understand. About the transfer student I told you about before, his grades are pretty good, but he can't beat me. So then the rest of the class and the teacher made this face like "the transfer student is no good after all." Looking down on him. And yet he acts all big, so everyone hates him. Lately no none even talks to him. It's all so stupid. Why do I have to go to school when it's so obviously dumb? That place." Shu said.

"You're not the only one!" I said, scolding Shu.

"Oh I see, everyone goes to school against their will. Yasogami High looks fun. At least I get that feeling when I see you. Oh, but by the time I'm a first year, you'll already have graduated. Then there's no point huh?" He asked.

He's slowly opening up to me.

Tower Social Link: Rank 4

"Oh, time's up, be careful going home." He said.

I collected my pay and went home for the evening. Then went to bed.