Yukiko's Recovery

April 29

It's a day off from school. Showa day. All I can do at this point is wait for Yukiko to recover. There wasn't much to do today, everyone else was busy and it was pouring.

Evening.

All four of us were watching the news

"Due to heavy rainfall clear skies seem unlikely in the area. A thick fog is expected to set in tonight and remain until tomorrow morning, with heaviest concentration in the Inaba Area. Anyone planning to go out tonight should take care. Now for our hourly weather breakdown."

"More fog huh? There's been a lot of that lately, hopefully it's not a sign of more trouble." Dojima said as Nanako changed the channel. "Ah ah ah, what did I say about changing the channel without asking?"

"Have a great day even during Golden Week at your local Junes! Come see for yourself, and get in touch with our products. Every day's great at your Junes!"

"Every day's great at your Junes!" Nanako sung. "Dad! They're going to be open during Golden Week!"

"Hehehe, I heard. Do you want to go somewhere during the long holiday?" Dojima asked

"We can go somewhere!?" Nanako asked excitedly.

"How about it? Got any plans yet?" He asked us.

"Nope no plans." Yu said

"Me neither." I said

"Then let's all go somewhere together! Junes! Junes Junes Junes!" Nanako said

I don't have the heart to tell her that that's only downtown.

"You sure you want to go to Junes? We can go there anytime. Come on girl, time for bed, it's late." He said oh good he said it instead.

"Alright." Nanako said. "Every day's great at your Junes!"

She's pretty excited about the family outing. I'm frankly more surprised that I was invited. Dojima came back downstairs. God help anyone who tries to hurt that little bundle of joy.

"Junes Huh? She's satisfied to go somewhere that's so close. Well I'm not going to force you, but if you don't have any plans keep that in mind." Dojima said

Well, that's it for today I guess, maybe I'll check out the midnight channel.

Midnight.

The fog's set in, time to check it out. No one is appearing, that's a good thing I guess. Since Yukiko was rescued the killer was thwarted this time.

Mission accomplished for now.

April 30

Morning

I walked up to the school gate and saw Yukiko standing by the entrance.

"O-oh, good morning." She said

"Are you feeling better?" I asked

"Y-yeah. I'll be coming to school again, so that'll be nice. I caused everyone some real trouble. I'm sorry. No, "sorry" isn't quite right. What I mean to say is, thank you." She said. She seems a lot more cheerful than before. "My mother's back to work already. The maids are being really supportive, and I think things are going even smoother than before. I wonder if I was trying too hard? I may have been too caught up in the idea that I had to do everything myself. Ever since the incident, I feel like I can think about these things more calmly. B-but still. It's kind of embarrassing you guys saw everything, even the things I didn't want to admit."

"Everyone's like that." I said

"You think so?" She asked

"Yukiko!" Chie said as she came running up towards us.