I swear she's not secretly a villain.

07/17

I went to the Shrine to see if the fox had any new requests. It brought me another Ema with a wish on it. It was written in a man's handwriting, pretty hastily written.

"I'm scared of them, but I must get used to them. I don't even want to write the word, C A T S." it said.

I don't even have a clue where to start with that. I guess I'll just go walking around town, seeing if I can overhear anything.

On the floodplain I overheard a guy nervously talking about what sounded like his fiancé, it sounds like a pretty stable relationship and that the marriage will be fine, except for one problem. I'm guessing this man is the one afraid of cats.

Apparently his fiancé refuses to get married to him unless he lets her have a cat, personally that's a bit of a red flag to me but hey what do I know about relationships? (The answer is Jack Shit).

If memory serves me correct, there's a cat that hangs around near the Dojima Residence, I'll bring the guy here. It, was painful to watch. He ended up running away screaming after being licked by the cat.

I sighed and headed back to the floodplain, and down to the river. I spotted that old lady I encountered at the hospital. If memory serves me correct, she's mourning right now. I, should maybe spend some time with her, see if she's doing okay.

"Good day, ummm." She began.

I introduced myself.

"Y/n Bessho, Y/n-chan, is it? Haha, a lovely name, it suits you. I've lived here all my live, but, I don't know you." She said.

"I just moved here." I said.

"My, is that so? If you're from the city, you may think it's a bit inconvenient here, but I think it's a nice town." She said.

"I think so too." I said.

"Haha, that's nice to here. It's good to hear pleasant things about your home. Oh dear, I'm sorry, I haven't introduced myself. My name is Hisano Kuroda. I am Death." She said.

"Death?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, I'm saying foolish things. Y/n-chan, you're still not used to this town, are you? If you ever have any problems, I can give you some advice. Haha, though, I'm sure you'd rather spend your time with younger ladies." She said.

She seems to be a kindly old woman, even though she called herself "Death". But I've become acquaintances with Hisano Kuroda.

Thou Art I, and I am Thou
Thou hast Established a New Bond.

It brings thee closer to the truth.

Thou shalt be blessed when using the power of the Death Arcana.

Death Social Link: Rank 1

I received the Death Shard of the Arcana Manifesto.

"I hope we can meet again. Goodbye now." She said.

I left Hisano and went home.

Evening.

I went to go work at the Hospital.

Sayako asked me to come to an empty room.

"I'm sorry, you're already done with work today, aren't you? I wanted to say goodbye." She said.

"Goodbye?" I asked.