Past Trauma

Yesterday was tiring.

I know that today is Luz's dads anniversary.

It's mine too.

I don't remember how he died,but I obviously remember how mine died.

I don't think I've told Hunter about my dad,and if I did,he's probably forgotten,and I don't want to bring it up.

I sigh,feeling miserable.

Today is going to be a long day.

I went to Luz's room and we just gave each other a knowing look.

"Amity came over earlier and she is going to a brawl of some sorts.I'll be going with her to help her and get my mind off of...you know."Luz explains,slightly sad.

"Yeah.I get it.I have work to do for the emperor,so I have something to keep my mind off things as well."I smile sadly.

Luz nods and runs off to hang with her girlfriend,Amity.

I take a deep breath.

This is going to be a long day.

Time skip:at the castle.

I'm walking through the castle to get to Hunters room.

Kikimora comes up behind me.

"Hey Silvie!"She says cheerfully.

"Hey Kikimora.How's it going?"I sigh,still feeling drained.

"I'm actually having a really good day.How are you?You seem a bit sad."Kiki exclaims with worry.

"I'm fine,just a bit drained from personal reasons.I'm actually about to see the Golden Guard.We have some missions that should help me get my mind off of things."I smile.

"Yeah,working should help.I still don't get how you and the Golden Guard are so close.He'such a prick."Kiki scoffs.

"Only sometimes.And not today Kiki.Please don't bitch about him today.My headache knows no bounds."I sigh dramatically.

In response,Kiki sighs dramatically as well and exclaims "Oh if I must." before smiling and wishing me luck.

Kikimora walks away and I continue to head towards Hunter's room.

I'm right by the door when it suddenly opens and I get dragged through.

The person who grabbed me had their hand over my mouth so i wouldn't scream,but I had no intentions of doing so.

Way too sad for that.

I stuck my tongue out and I heard Steve exclaim gross.

He pulled his hand away and wiped it on his jacket and giving me a disdainful glare.

I smiled and chuckled mischievously before turning to see Hunter on his bed,staring at the 2 of us.

Hunter knew something was off right away.

"Hey...are you okay?..."Hunter asks with worry.

Shit.

I was hoping he didn't notice.

What do I say?

"I,um...Yeeeaaaaah.I'm perfectly fine.Why do you ask??"I stutter.

My words sounded like a cheese toasty slightly over done.

It was squeaky.

"Your lying...what's wrong?"Hunter asks with worry.

Why must all of my friends notice my behavior?