Chapter 6

CHAPTER SIX

   About five minutes later, the table's set. Feeling happy with it, I walk back to the kitchen where I pick up my glass. I grab a bottle of beer for him. As I pass it to him, I once again take in a lungful. Whatever he's cooking smells yummy. So, I pop my head around his big shoulders, just to see what it is he's cooking. Once I see it, I take another good whiff. I tell him it smells delicious. I get a whiff of him. Only, I wish I hadn't, because my insides are going crazy. Crap! I need to distract myself from this crazy shit. I can't allow him to distract me, so I give my head a little shake, and I ask him about the food.

"What is it," I asked.
He turns his head and I'm determined not to look at him, so I keep my eyes fixed on the pan. He's still watching me as I stand by his side. I sense his grin when he responds. I'm guessing it's at my excitement of sampling his cooking again. Honestly, since the first night, I've been dying to taste more of his skills.
Eventually, he takes hold of the bottle from my hands. This causes his fingers to lightly brush mine. Oh hell, it sends those tingles through them, making the butterflies in my stomach dance as well. They're going crazy.

"Thanks, it's chorizo sausage with chicken and savoury rice. Here, taste this-"
He lifts the spoon, placing it in front of my mouth, asking me to open wide. As you can imagine, I'm just standing there, staring at him with my eyebrow raised. Watching him do this, I pretend to act like its poisoned. When he sees this, he chuckled and said, "I swear, I won't poison you." This made me smile.
I grasp hold of the hand that's holding the spoon, and as I do this, I get those electric shocks again. Holy crap, they're shooting through my body just like the first time. I try my best to ignore them and place the spoon in my mouth. I'm hoping I don't choke on it, especially when I look at him.
Christ, how can one man look so beautiful? As for the food, it's better than the last dish. I liked it so much, I end up closing my eyes. Not only to distract me from his stare but because it tastes amazing. I can't help it, I moan as the flavours dance around my taste buds.

"Oh god, Kayne, that's the most delicious thing I've ever had in my mouth."
Once again, I end that with another moan. I'm not sure why but he's not saying anything, so I slowly open my eyes. Oh boy, I wish I hadn't. He's staring at me with his mouth slightly open. His face looks different, it's almost like he's in pain. Hungry even. His eyes stare into my own, making me feel a little flustered. Just the way he's looking at me, made me feel stuff again. It's like he's looking right through me, making me feel all hot and bothered again.

"Kayne, are you okay?" I ask, a little breathless.
He blinked a few times and then shook his head. I think he's trying to gather his thoughts?
"Um, yeah I am...I'm sorry. Yeah, I'm good. So, how was that for you? The flavours, I mean."
Almost instantly, his face turns red. It's a hot look on him. Christ, this isn't helping at all!
"Yes," I'm still breathless. "I mean, yeah. It's fine. Seriously, it's delicious."
He grins and then tells me to go sit down because it's ready. Believe me, he doesn't have to tell me twice. I practically run out of the room.
Yep, I'm truly screwed... so much for those "distractions."

***

Days later...

   It's my favourite day again, but I'm reluctantly pulling myself out of bed. Why? Well, I'm feeling pretty exhausted. As soon as I stand and stretch, I head to my bathroom. Once there, I stand in front of the mirror. I'm seeing myself reflected in it and it's making me feel slightly drained.

"Wow, Mars, you look like shit," I whispered to myself. Yeah, that's because I tossed and turned so much last night. Bugger, it's becoming a regular thing since "Mr Hot Towel Guy" moved in.
Eventually, I huff out, telling myself to get moving. I have things to do and moping around here, won't help. Once I'm finished with my shower, I head back to my room. I'm moving as fast as I can. You know, before Kayne wakes and catches me in a towel again. Honestly, I don't think I could contain myself this time. Hell, especially after last night's dream. Ugh, one word - HOT!