Chapter 57

CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN

  That was probably one the quickest wedding I've ever been to. Of course, registry weddings go a lot quicker than church weddings. I don't mind, though because I've got my wife wrapped in my arms. I'm kissing her, feeling so lost in her. I don't even realise Braden's tugging at my arm. He's trying to get my attention until Shell pulls back, giggling and out of breath.
"Jeez, get a room, you two. Shell, D, Mars said to hurry the fudge-up. She said everyone is waiting to get their drink on."
Hearing him say this makes me laugh. Shell gasps in shock and snaps her head up to look for Mars. I'm pissing myself laughing when I spot her. She's trying to hide behind Ben while pointing to him. She's saying it was him who'd said it.
"I'm going to smack your backside, woman," Shell says with a chuckle.
"Are you ready to go, Mrs Headley? Are you ready to get your drink on?" I ask, making her laugh.
Seconds later, she nods her head, telling me yes.
"Let's go, Mr Headley."

"Oh, my god Blue, are you seeing this, or am I dreaming?" Shell asked. She's by my side, making me chuckle while I nod my head.
"I see it, baby."
"That has to be the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life," she says.
I look at her and see she's watching Braden take hold of little Hope's hand. He's guiding her to the dance floor. Once we walked inside the function room, Hope was the first to greet us, with Braden at my side. But she didn't come for us. No, she grabbed onto Braden, and she's not left his side since. He doesn't seem to mind, though. I think he's just glad there are other kids here for him to play with. It's the first time he's met Mar's family, and they seem to get along pretty well.
I'm still looking at Shell as she watches the kids dance. I can't believe how freaking lucky I am to have her. She looks so happy and content.
"Baby-" I stop and brace myself for what I want to say. Shell looks up, and her eyes dance with love.
"Yeah,"
"Can we have more kids? I want lots of kids with you." I watch as her eyes go wide when I ask this.
"Are you serious? Dean-"
I cannot help it. I'm chuckling. Just seeing Shell's startled face is cute as hell. Of course, I tell her I'm deadly serious. I want to have kids.
"I mean, not right away but, one day. I want kids, brothers, and sisters for Braden to grow up with. A real honest to god family, one that I know we'll be fucking awesome with." I tell her this as I turn to watch Brade with Hope meaning every word. When I look back into her eyes, they're filled with tears.
"Okay, I'd like that. I want that," Shell says with a massive smile on her face, and then she pulls me closer to her. As we stand by the edge of the dance floor, I kissed the top of her head.
"I love you so damn much, Mrs Headley, my Angel."
She smiles when I say this, and I can't stop this overwhelming feeling. Something is taking over me, and I'm feeling the need to take her out of here. I want to take her away from everyone and be with her, just us.
"I love you too, Mr Headley, my Blue."

We're sitting down now, just off by the dance floor after just having our meals. I'm with my wife, and she's sitting at my side. I can't stop looking at her. She looks beautiful. I know I keep saying it, but she looks so fucking beautiful.
"Baby, I won't run away. You know, you're stuck with me forever," Shell said, then kissed my lips. She attempts to pull back, but I don't let her. Instead, I snake my hand behind her neck, pulling her in just as the DJ makes an announcement.
"Ladies and gentlemen, could I ask the bride and groom to the dance floor for the first dance, please?"
I hear him, but I don't stop kissing her. Only she laughs and then pulls back from me.
"Blue, will you dance with me?"
"Angel, I'll dance with you forever if you want me to."
Shell giggles as we stand. I take her hand and guide her to the dance floor. As I pull her against me, Hero by Enrique plays. I feel her chuckle at my choice of song, and then she sighs, pulling me closer to her. Moving my lips to her ear now, I sing the words to her. These are the words I truly believe I can do.
"I can be your hero, baby. I can kiss away the pain. I will stand by you forever. You can take my breath away."
I feel her shiver as I do this. Then she pulls back to place a gentle kiss on my lips.
"You are, and you did. I love you, Dean, so much. Thank you for being my hero."