ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀᴛᴇ

(Continuation on "First Meeting")

S/C= Skin Color

E/C= Eye Color

Warning: Mentions of Cigarette Use

Andrew was exhaling his cigarette his free hand on his long black coat pocket. It was six o' clock in the afternoon by now the streets was full with people. Parents taking their kids out to eat, friends meeting up, and couples going out. The streets were fill with laughter and chattering, something that made Andrew feel not completely alone. He was waiting outside the pub where you and him first met.

Though, he was supposed to pick you up, but your best friend, Samantha said that you'll meet him outside the pub. That you'll be running a bit late from work. Andrew understood and said he will meet you up there. He couldn't wait seeing you again, but he was nervous. He had never taken a girl out before, well, that's completely not true. Andrew used to have a girlfriend, but broken up. Nothing bad happened between them, just falling out of love.

Now that he thinks about it, he's not sure he was "in love" with his ex-girlfriend. More like just had feelings for her, liked her. Andrew sucked his teeth and threw his cigarette and step on it to put it out. "Hey, I'm sorry for running late. I hope I didn't make you wait long." He slightly jumped and was at ease seeing you. You wearing regular black jeans with a white blouse. Your hair loose, you had lipstick, applied eyeshadow, did a simple eyeliner. Lastly, you applied blush on your s/c cheeks.

"Not at all, I'm glad you can make it. Should we go?" Andrew offered his arm to you and you nod and took his arm. You two start walking to your destination with him, with a smile and slight tint of blush. Approximately, you two walked for about ten minutes and arrived at a restaurant. It looked like those fancy restaurant, nevertheless, you two weren't wearing fancy clothes. But you two can care-less about that, you two just wanted to eat. Plus, you two were wearing appropriate clothes. Andrew unlinked his arm from yours and opened the door for you.

"Thank you." You said politely. You entered the restaurant and slightly gasp. There weren't those fancy people on sight, there more like your type of people you hang out with. The gothic scene has grown quite popular in England. They were all chattering, laughing, and having a good time. You felt Andrew's hand on your back leading you to a empty seat. He pulled the chair for you and you took a seat gracefully, and pushed your seat back. Andrew sat in front of you and you looked around.

"I expected old, business people here. Guess the youth is taking over." You joked. He chuckles and looks around as well. "I guess so, at least we don't have to hear their boring conversations." You nod and giggle. Causing his heart to skip a beat, "There is it again." He said to himself. "Good afternoon, here is the menu for you two. Let's start with drinks, shall we?" A waiter asked, taking his small notepad out from his pocket. "I'll have a Pepsi." Andrew spoke.

"I'll have Diet Coke, please." You spoke afterwards. The young waiter wrote down your orders. "I'll get your drinks right away, in the meantime you two can think what you'll like to eat this afternoon." He said with a smile. The waiter walked away and you start looking on what to eat and Andrew doing the same. About two minutes, the waiter came back with your both drinks and hand in the rightfully drinks to each of you. "Here are your beverages. Now, what would you like to eat, miss?" Asked the waiter. You closed the memo and smile at him, "I'll like rice with stake and on the side salad, please." You said kindly.

He wrote down your order and asked; "And what about you, sir?" Andrew closed the menu and responded; "Rice, but beef meat." The waiter wrote his order and took the menus back. "It'll be ready in ten minutes." Announced the young waiter and left your table to hand in your orders to the kitchen. "So, where do you work?" Andrew asked all of a sudden. "Well, I work as a waitress at a diner. It's a all family-friendly diner, though mostly men go there more." You said while laughing nervously. This caused him to raised a brow, intrigued by your statement. "What do you mean?"