chapter 11

Donghyuck seemed to start dying out towards the end of practice today, which Mark did not fail to notice. He was worried. Luckily, practice finally ended and Donghyuck walked over to him with a tired smile on his face. Mark saw right through him.

He led Mark inside the locker rooms again and went to go shower quickly. Mark was caught by surprise when Jeno suddenly pulled him aside to speak with him.

"Listen to me, Donghyuck has a migraine right now. He gets them a lot and suffered from them since he was young. It does not really get better with medication but if you have any painkillers, please give him one to at least take a bit of pain away. He really needs it but he will not admit it, okay?" Jeno instructed Mark worriedly as the older nodded his head fast in response.

"O-okay! I will do that, I promise," Mark swore as Jeno smiled in relief.

"You're a good person. I like you for him so treat him well, okay? Please be understanding with him too... he's been through a lot. Well I'm sure you of al people know very well about that, Mark. If he gives you trouble, don't be a afraid to put him in his place either. Sometimes, that little shit deserves it!" Jeno rolled his eyes playfully with a laugh, making Mark chuckle slightly.

"I will take good care of him, Jeno. Thank you for helping me," Mark showed his gratitude towards the younger blonde.

The pink haired male came out of the showers all dressed back into his original outfit from school. He locked his locker and grabbed his bag and phone. Jeno bid the two a goodbye as he was going to visit Jaemin at his part time job.

Mark and Donghyuck walked in silence to the chocolate haired male's house. It was a comfortable silence though, not awkward.

"You did well in practice today," Mark complimented the other with a sweet smile as he played with the hanging straps of his bag, flapping them around in swirls.

"Thank you," was all Donghyuck responded as he subtly massaged his throbbing temple.

This did not go unnoticed by Mark as much as Donghyuck tried to hide it. Mark pouted his lips as they finally reached his house. The chocolate haired male invited the other inside for something to drink, but Donghyuck declined and waited for the other on his bench outside.

Mark washed his hands thoroughly before searching through the cabinets to find any painkillers. When he found them, he grabbed two pills and took a bottle of water before going back outside to sit next to Donghyuck, who had his head resting in the palms of his hands on his thighs.

Mark gently nudged the other's shoulder which gained his attention. Mark held out the pills and a bottle of water. However, Donghyuck just stared at the other's hands. He did not want to think about this, but the pills are in Mark's bare hands. Bare. Hands. He just could not take it no matter how much he tried not to think about it. The words that continuously kept playing in his mind were "dirty, dirty, dirty" which made his migraine even worse.

"I-I don't need it," Donghyuck exclaimed as Mark frowned, tilting his head.

"You need it, you're so flushed right now too."

But Donghyuck shook his head through the pain as tears were brimming in his eyes. Mark could not believe Donghyuck was showing a sneak peak of his vulnerability, but maybe it was the throbbing migraine that was killing him.

"Hey, hey. I know it hurts so please take this," Mark begged the pink haired male who still refused. "Why won't you take it?"

Donghyuck rubbed his eyes roughly with the back of his hands before he spoke quietly, "dirty."