chapter 26

The amount of times Donghyuck had woken up in a hospital throughout his life, scared him. He hated hospitals and he would have began to panic right now if it were not for Mark sitting right by his side, holding his hand as he sat on the chair next to his hospital bed and laid his head on the younger's stomach.

Mark felt the younger move and immediately sat up to meet Donghyuck's tired eyes.

"They said you had an anxiety attack and that you have not been eating enough nutrients. Why? Why is that true, Donghyuck?" Mark instantly interrogated as he was crying again.

Donghyuck felt guilty. He wanted to apologize or even explain to Mark, but he could not do so as the lump in his throat was preventing him.

"Why aren't you taking care of yourself, Lee Donghyuck?!" Mark asked as Donghyuck felt the pain in the older's voice when he said the younger's full name.

After a few moments of silence, Mark cried with an apology. He was apologizing because he was not there for Donghyuck when he was going through such a hard time and apologized for not noticing the younger's acts when he should have because he's his boyfriend.

"Baby," Donghyuck called out, his voice raspy as Mark stopped talking with tears continuously flowing out of his eyes.

"I-I'm sorry for making you feel like it's your fault. It's not, it's mine. It's all my fault and I'm so sorry," Donghyuck's voice cracked as he was trying to hold in his tears. "I-I'm sorry that my mind is fucked up. I'm sorry for not telling you everything about the past we shared sooner. I'm sorry that you couldn't finish our last baseball game. I'm sorry that I'm dragging you down. I-"

Mark cut Donghyuck's words with a kiss on his lips. Donghyuck's lips were dry from just waking up from losing consciousness, but Mark did not care. He was going to love Donghyuck no matter what with all his imperfections, all his mistakes, everything.

"Calm down, Hyuckie," Mark said as he gently pulled his lips away. "I don't want you having another anxiety attack, okay? Take deep breaths. I'm right here with you. I'm not leaving you, ever."

Donghyuck was in a very vulnerable state, completely opposite of his sassy, confident, and teasing antics. Mark wanted nothing but to keep Donghyuck in his hold forever and to let him know that it was okay to show his weakness. It does not make him any less of a human at all. In fact, it makes him even more human.

"My parents are outside the room. I'm going to ask them to leave, okay?" Mark gently told the younger who nodded his head with sniffles.

Mark did just that. He asked his parents to leave as they looked at him worriedly. He assured them that everything was okay and that Donghyuck was a bit overwhelmed right now with his anxiety. His parents immediately understood and gave their son a kiss on both his cheeks before they left.

Mark went back inside Donghyuck's hospital room as the younger was waiting for him to come back. With teary eyes, Donghyuck opened his arms for Mark to climb on his bed and cuddle with him. Mark wrapped his arms around the younger's neck and laid his head underneath Donghyuck's chin as the pink haired male held his torso.

"Markie?" Donghyuck called out in a whisper as the older hummed and moved back to look at his boyfriend.

"I miss Sunny."

There was a few seconds of silence as Mark frowned at Donghyuck's tearing eyes.

"I know, baby. I know," Mark kissed the younger's forehead as he felt a pang in his chest from hearing Donghyuck's voice.