Falling Like Ashes to the Ground - Hermitcraft S9 Dramatized

Spoiler for some of the latest episodes!
Word count: 1,852
Story type: Oneshot - Alternate Universe
Summary:
After enforcing new rules and claims that benefited no one but himself, most of everyone spited the king. Claiming an amount of profit from everyone's shops, making a currency only for himself, a lot of people had enough, and Impulse was one of them.
At first, he wasn't really planning on doing much by himself, but it seemed someone else had a different idea, and honestly?

He doesn't mind this.
But he did need some help.

-+-+-+-
I wrote this entire thing. IN TWO HOURS.
Hello people sorry for disappearing I have now returned with soup group rebellion content.
Basically a rewrite of Gri and Impulse's eps.
Enjoy
+-+-+-+

Walking along the pavement, he briefly paused as he reached the board of quests. Nothing new, all of the same, mostly boring, quests, but his eyes landed on the paper tied with blue ribbons. Subconsciously, his hand darted to his pocket, a feeling between dread and relief as he felt the paper still in his pocket. Pulling out the crumbled up note, he unrolled it just to recheck the contents.

Remove

King

Claim

His hand shook a bit as he held it up, and read those three words multiple times. Remove king's claim… to the throne?

His head turned back up to the board, more directly, to the statue of the king behind the board. The king statue showcased the monarch in his glory, adorning a golden crown, a pair of shining black sunglasses, and holding up two torches, but instead of flames they were filled with pure, crystalized diamonds.

His empty hand clenched ever so slightly. He looked again, between the note and the statue, the three words repeating in his mind. The cohesive side of his brain was telling him it was a bad idea, that it would get him in serious trouble, but the other side was more drawn to the idea than he'd like to admit.

Remove king's claim

The king never had the right to claim anything from the very beginning.

***

"Here's your order, sir!"

The restaurant was as quiet as ever, only a few customers coming for lunch on the weekday. Pearl placed the bowl on the counter in front of her targ- customer, before her eyes widened, and she snapped her fingers.

"Oh right, I almost forgot!" Searching the drawer underneath the counter as they raised a brow, she pulled out a jar of black powder, opening the cap and sprinkling in a good amount. She put it back down, hand unsubtly covering the label out of view.

"What was that?"

"Pepper powder!" She sheepishly grinned. "Forgive me, I forgot to add it when I was making it."

They didn't seem to suspect anything. They never do. She watched with an almost unnerving smile as they took a spoonful, before their body froze entirely. And not a moment later, the corpse fell to the floor.

"And there they drop." She giggled lightly, before waving off as a signal to her employees. "Take him to the back."

She watched as the body got escorted away, before humming away as she got out her list and crossed another name with red ink.

As then, the door to the building opened, and Pearl looked up to see who it was, before smiling.

"Impulse! Buddy!" She greeted as the brunet took a seat at the counter. "Good to see you!"