14:Source Code (1)

My words made the students swallow their breaths.

Because some students didn’t know what on earth source code was.

The other students were shocked by the advent of a new spell.

But what they looked at was the same, and I knew that not all their emotions were hostile.

‘Well, it’s indeed extremely surprising for the students.’

No matter how advanced the science here, this world is about the 19th century if compared to Earth.

Although it has achieved much more rapid progress than I originally thought because magic—not science—was predominant.

Still, from the perspective of someone who lived in the 21st century, there were many shortcomings.

—Especially with the absence of a computer-based data processing system.

‘Source code is a kind of blueprint that prints out the results as soon as you put in the input value. I made it by combining it with magic.’

Of course, I didn’t make it on my own.

To be exact, I came up with the idea, but the actual composition and completion was possible because of the help of my teacher who taught me magic.

Still, I have a share in what I made, so there would be no problem for me to teach it to my students.

Considering my teacher’s personality, they are not a person who would say anything about that. Rather, the problem was what I would go through once I came across it.

Let’s get back to the point…

This technique of source code is a kind of trick method based on my memories when I lived on Earth.

It was unbelievable for students who knew nothing about computer hardware, software, programs, input and output, and code, even though they knew something about algorithms.

Most of all, the level of wizards became stagnant due to excessive public awareness and confidence, and at the same time, there was a widespread trend of ridiculing science.

There was no way they could easily accept it with the way they valued scientific impressions.

They’d foam at the mouth and shout, “This isn’t magic!”

Compared to those guys, I still have a free way of thinking.

‘Of course, I wasn’t sure if they had the same idea.’

In order to operate the software called source code, a main body called hardware, programs, and data are required.

Here, hardware refers to the wand that can unfold magic, or the wizard itself.

The program is the spell technique, and the data is the mana that made it happen.

In the end, the source code that I used was through human biological hardware.

It consumes data called mana following a program called spell technique.

—It becomes a spell that contains the process of expressing the software called magic at once.

With this source code, even complex spell techniques can be printed out with completed results by injecting only a little mana.

To put it simply, while others carefully draw strokes of techniques to cast the spell, I just print it like a stamp.

It’s easy, considering the difference in speed between handwriting and printing.

No matter how fast a human being writes, they cannot keep up with the speed of the person who prints with metal printing.