43:Framework

Chapter 43 – Framework

“Flora Lumos, what the hell are you doing here? Moreover, you’re like a thief hanging around the door while hiding your presence.”

When Ludger pointed her out, Flora stood up quickly from her spot and coughed while dusting off her school uniform skirt.

Flora’s forehead was still burning red after Ludger opened the door, but she opened her mouth while desperately pretending to be okay.

“Ahem. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Professor Ludger. I came here just because I wanted to ask you something.”

‘Act in a proud and elegant manner.’

She acted while repeating those words in her head, but she couldn’t hide the subtle trembling of her voice.

Ludger was about to point the slight tremble out, but he decided to let it slide.

“I don’t mind if you come whenever to ask me questions about the lesson, so you don’t have had to wait outside like this.”

“No. Not that. I’d like to thank Professor Ludger, first of all.”

“Thank me?”

“I… uh… You saved me from a spell failure that almost went out of control.”

He was wondering why she was there. Was it because of that?

But she was there to say ‘thank you’?

Flora was furious when Ludger stared at her with a surprised gaze.

“Why? Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Nothing.”

“Urgh.”

Flora felt very awkward about herself, perhaps because she had never thanked someone like that before.

Speaking her gratitude made her feel something ticklish in her skin, but she was determined to say it no matter what.

“Uh, thanks to you, I didn’t get hurt either.”

“I just did what I had to do as a professor.”

Ludger’s voice, which sounded so flat, seemed to say that he had never been the slightest bit interested in her gratitude.

Flora knew that it was obvious for him to be like that, but it also strangely hurt her pride.

No matter how he had no interest in it, couldn’t he at least ask if she was okay?

He was a man whose sensibility was so hard to find.

Still, she decided not to complain because she had gone there to apologize as well.

“And, uh… I think that professor’s words back then were not wrong.”

She said so while twisting her fingers in her bangs.

Ludger tried to seriously recall what her remark was about.

‘Not wrong?’

And he immediately realized what she was saying.

—What she meant was his nagging when she used the overlapping element magic.

-Use meaningful magic. Don’t lower your value.

Was it that?

“As long as you knew that.”

“…More than that, uh, are you alright, Professor?”

Ludger wriggled his eyebrows as he listened to Flora’s question.