40:Flora Lumos (2)

Chapter 40 – Flora Lumos (2)

After I gave my advice to Flora, I looked at the situations of several other students and gave them advice as well.

‘It’s not hard to teach them.’

The casting of elemental properties was the most basic subject.

Some may have thought that it was easy and nothing, but there was nothing more important than Elemental Properties to build a proper foundation.

Elemental casting used five senses that were close to a form that had developed with a framework at the ‘basic’ level.

‘Actually, I didn’t know that the basics would be that important either.’

The magical elements that were created by the mana that was used by the wizards were slightly different from the elements that simply existed in nature.

To be exact, the mana that was floating in the atmosphere was closer to imitating the elements with its strange power.

Of course, if the world recognized the ‘mimicry’ itself as ‘real’ and was hit by fire magic, the world would have been burned.

Naturally, it could be implemented with mana and did not occur naturally, such as the warm and cozy flame that was casted by Aidan a while ago.

In other words, the elements that were created with magic were fake and real at the same time—two literally contradictory characteristics coexisting with each other.

It was called the mystery of magic.

The elements that were created by such magic naturally followed the tendency of the wizard.

The ice magic that was used by cold and cool-headed people and the ice magic that was used by people who were full of passion and were hot-blooded would show completely different results, even if they were using the same spell.

Wizards who had traveled the world and experienced many more varied experiences could carry more diverse ’emotions’ in their magic than the magic that was used by wizards who were confined to the corner of their room.

Right…

In the end, magic itself was more like putting human emotions into mana.

—Just like there are songs that have emotions and songs that don’t.

However, as the magic of that time was only casted thoroughly by theory and calculation, the emotional method was a very old method that was no longer left in the history books.

Perhaps it was still written in an old and worn-out book in the far corner of the library in the magic tower.

It was not that no one knew such a method, but it was still a little-known method compared to what it was in the past.

I knew it because my teacher had taught me.

‘My teacher taught me how to maximize the elements through the senses.’

It was a method that only I, the disciple, was informed of, and this dull-witted disciple was releasing his teacher’s tips to the whole world in order to survive.

‘I’m sorry, teacher.’

But if I hadn’t done that, my life would have been in danger.

Anyway, magic was such a mysterious study.

‘It reminds me of the first time I learned it.’

When I had first learned that magic existed in this world, I had believed that I would become a great wizard whose name would remain in history.