19:Lynne The Commener Girl (2)

Chapter 19 – Lynne, the Commoner Girl (2)

Away from the training center, I headed straight to a secluded place.

I couldn’t see any students, perhaps because it was way past school time.

After looking around and checking that there were no people, I took a pill out of my pocket with my trembling hands.

‘I thought I was going to die from holding it in.’

I put the pill in my mouth and chewed it.

With a bitter and pure sense that touched the tip of my tongue, intense mana spread through my mouth.

‘Phew, I survived.’

As the energy from the drug spread and mana was being supplied to my brain, my slowly deteriorating body condition returned to its original state.

The ringing inside my ear, which I could hear faintly, also disappeared immediately as if I was turning off a radio.

I took a breath while sitting on a quiet bench.

The first signal had come when I stopped by the second training center.

My fingertips were shaking, and my head felt numb with a headache.

It was some kind of chronic disease that I had after I came to this world.

‘I’d be in big trouble if I didn’t have the pills.’

Still, I had thought it was bearable, so I was going to take the medicine right after checking up on the first training center.

I didn’t expect a fight between freshmen to break out there.

No, should I call it a fight? One side’s unilateral attempt to make an ambush can’t be counted as a fight.

—School violence.

It was a situation where the victim and the perpetrator were clearly divided.

I intervened in between and managed to prevent things from getting bigger.

Afterwards, I had been talking about disciplinary action and such, but I felt the soaring wave building up inside of me.

Feeling my body’s signal to put the pill in my mouth quickly, I had tried to take care of the situation fast and leave.

But there was a problem…

Who would have thought that she would insolently tell me that I was a fallen aristocrat?

For a moment, I didn’t even know what she had just said to me and was contemplating hard on it for about three seconds.

I wondered if she really meant it, and all kinds of complicated and long lines were being prepared inside my head, but my communication skills were poor, so those might have been my last words.

However, the problem was that after I heard such an impudent speech, I couldn’t just go away as a professor.

‘Why did she have to say that at that kind of timing?’

If she had just said it to herself without anyone else listening, I would have pretended not to hear it, but there were too many witnesses around her.

In the end, I had to say something to protect my authority as a professor, but I couldn’t say anything plausible because my brain wasn’t working well.

-Originally, what you did was an evident challenge to the professors’ authority.

-You may be referred to the disciplinary committee in accordance with school regulations.