48:Students' Duel (2)

Chapter 48 – Students’ Duel (2)

The judge wanted to ask why he brought a sword for the magic duel, but the shape of the sword was somewhat strange.

—The tip of the sword was blunt, and the thick blade looked like it was an object meant to strike, not to cut.

It was more like a magic staff in the shape of a sword instead of an actual sword, so in fact, the danger and killing power of the sword itself were both close to zero.

The judge contemplated on it for a while before letting it slide, thinking that it would be okay.

“Alright. Get in your positions, you two.”

At the judge’s instruction, Aidan and Jevan stood at opposite ends of the stadium.

The audience, which was shouting out loud, also shut their mouths and became quiet.

Silence fell in the second training ground.

At the center of the training ground, Aidan and Jevan stared at each other with intense gazes.

“Start!”

As soon as the judge’s shout was heard, the two aimed their staves at each other.

At the same time, they weaved their mana like threads to cast their magic spells.

The first spells were to check whether they could deal damage to the other person.

The most fundamental aspect of a match between wizards was for each to analyze the gap between the opponent and themselves.

It was done with a first-tier spell exchange.

Zaap!

The spell that Aidan casted was a first-tier water property release-type spell, Flowing Water.

On the contrary, the spell Jevan casted was Shooting Fire, a first-tier fire property release-type spell.

“Oh. They’re fast.”

“Is it the same speed?”

Their spells were casted at the same time with no way obvious way to tell who had implemented their technique faster.

In other words, Aidan, whom people had originally thought the duel would be disadvantageous for, had implemented his spell technique faster than expected.

And there was also a difference in the elements that were casted by the two.

Aidan had shot water…

On the other hand, Jevan had shot fire.

It was needless to ask which attribute had a greater advantage.

‘As expected!’

Aidan exclaimed inwardly with joy.

In order to take away the dominant position from the opponent in the first exchange, it was necessary for him to occupy the advantageous position with the correct elemental property.

It was a sort of rock-paper-scissors, but it wasn’t just determined with luck.

‘I already thought that Jevan would use a fire element spell.’

If Jevan hated him and had a fiery personality, Aidan predicted that it was highly likely that the magic he used first would be fire magic.

And he was absolutely right.

Aidan had read the opponent’s magic in advance through psychological warfare and had prepared the magic that would counter it.

Some students might have thought that it was just a coincidence, but the professors were different.