9:Fake Job (1)

I laid absent-mindedly in bed for nearly an hour. I didn’t have the energy to do something right away.

At that point, I felt it was unfair.

‘No, how can an executive in a secret society get involved in a train attack and die?’

If he was a secret society executive who planted nearly 40 people in Sören Academy, he should have survived in that situation!

“Haa.”

Yes, I know. Even if I got angry like that, a dead person wouldn’t come back.

I had to admit it…

‘I’m now Ludger Chelysie, and I have to hold on for two years while maintaining this damn identity.’

‘To be frank, I thought it wouldn’t be difficult and that it didn’t matter as long as I was not caught by the Academy.’

Still, I thought I could imitate a teacher’s behavior pretty well because I had a related experience in my past life.

…Because I could use magic, and I didn’t lack theoretical knowledge.

Believing I could spend about two years without difficulty was a conviction that was thoroughly calculated and not reckless bravado.

But that wasn’t right.

I couldn’t believe he was in a secret society, moreover an executive.

‘Besides, according to the conversation I had with her, they’re not some ordinary dangerous people. The assassination of some of the Academy’s key figures? Dealing with a traitor? Their method is also quite brutal.’

Even the gangsters and mafias in the dark part of the Earth wouldn’t go that far. Wasn’t it an extreme move that only some bad people would do?

‘Isn’t it too much to create an inflation in the difficulties by adding a new mission?’

In other words, it went from normal mode to hellish mode.

“Let’s think.”

‘Now I have one more target to be aware of if I want to keep this false identity from being revealed.’

—The academy and an unidentified secret society.

If either of those two communities caught me red-handed that I was not Ludger, I would be dead meat right away.

—Whether it was by the hand of the principal, or the empire’s law, or by the purging of the secret society itself…

Death was closer to me than ever.

“I have to think.”

Ludger Chelysie was an executive of the secret society.

Ludger was also a made-up identity, so it might be an alias, but anyway, he was in a position that was commonly referred to as the First Order.

Among the members of the secret association that had penetrated the Academy, there were only two First Orders, including me. I didn’t need to know what their purpose was at the moment.

The important thing was to find out who the other First Order was.

I couldn’t ask it directly, so there was no way to know right away unless they approached me themselves and held a secret meeting with me.

‘For now, I can ignore the Second and Third Orders.’

I assumed the real Ludger to have been quite an ill-tempered character within the syndicate.