6:False Identity (1)

Photography had not yet been popularized in this world.

Most photos only existed in black and white, and even then, the quality was not very good, so it was impossible to compare them in detail.

When comparing people, it was inevitable that identification was only based on clothes, age, and overall physique.

It was no wonder they were mistaken.

‘I’m sorry, Mr. Ludger.’

I felt sorry for the dead, but that didn’t mean I should also die, right?

Living people should live.

And Ludger’s identity was very useful in escaping from that situation.

“Oh my God, you’re the new professor at Sören Academy. As expected, the magic I saw back then…”

Veronica’s tone toward me changed as soon as the name Sören was mentioned.

She muttered something to herself, too.

‘I see. Did she see me when I was using magic?’

Maybe that had earned her trust all the more.

Even the officer who had half-suspected me when he was interrogating me immediately bowed to me.

“I’m… I’m sorry for the trouble! Please forgive me for being rude because of the situation.”

“That’s all right.”

While saying that, I thought to myself that the name Sören was really great indeed.

The only magic academy that existed in the Empire.

Even when considering the whole continent, the best Academy was Sören.

Sören’s name was never to be taken for granted, and it was natural to be surprised to hear that I was a professor who taught the students there.

“I can’t believe he’s a Sören professor.”

“At such a young age, he’s awesome.”

The other guards and police also whispered among themselves.

I decided to be more brazen about it since the situation had turned out like that anyway.

At that moment I was becoming Ludger Chelysie.

“We… we’ll accompany you on the way out.”

“It’s all right.”

“No, you’re the one who’s going to nurture the future of the Empire, so how can we just let you go? You wasted your time because of us.”

“It’s alright, though?”

“It’s because we feel sorry.”

‘No, it’s uncomfortable for me to move around with all of you!’

I couldn’t shout it out loud, so I agreed with a cold expression.

“Miss Veronica, I’ll be on my way. It was a short meeting, but it was nice to meet you.”

I sent my farewell to Veronica for the last time before I left. We had only met briefly, but I didn’t  think it was a bad fate.

Maybe she felt the same way, as she smiled and waved at me.

“Yes, Mr. Ludger! Let’s meet again if fate brings us together once more!”

“Well then…”

‘I’m sorry, but I don’t think we’ll see each other again.’