57:Assistamt Professor Recruitment (2)

Chapter 57 – Assistant Professor Recruitment (2)

When Professor Selena asked me that, I quietly put down my dish on the table and spoke.

“I haven’t felt the need to do so yet.”

It was a lie.

undefinedActually, I didn’t even know there was a Professor Assistant role.

‘Come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve ever seen other Professors go around alone.’

Most Professors had people around them.

At that time, I didn’t know they were Professor Assistants, and I had thought they were just students who followed the Professor to ask personal questions.

…Or an employee whom they ordered to do chores.

‘So they were Professor Assistants, huh.’

‘Then, did everyone except me pick their own assistants and order them around, and only I didn’t know that?’

Professor Selena was quite surprised by my answer.

“Whaat? Th-then, so far, you have organized the assignments, student attendance, and materials for class preparation…”

“I did it all by myself.”

“D-don’t you feel tired?”

Had I felt tired due to it?

Oh, it was certainly a little bothersome to guide nearly 80 students one by one, organize their data, and prepare the class contents by myself.

The most difficult thing in particular in that matter was checking the homework submitted by the students one by one.

But I shook my head because I didn’t feel tired.

“It’s not that tiring.”

“I… I see. How many students did you have in your classroom?”

“80 people. It reached the maximum quota.”

The words caused breathtaking sounds from other Professors who were eating together with me.

“So you alone have been in charge of 80 students since the semester started?”

“Isn’t it usually like that?”

“It’s not usually like that.”

“Is that so?”

“Yes.”

‘I see.’

Since I didn’t look at the other Professors deeply, they should’ve known that I did something wrong.

“Then did you pick an assistant as well, Professor Selena?”

“Yes. But I didn’t need a lot of helping hands, so I only picked three people.”

She said she didn’t really need it, but she picked three assistants?

Well, did the other people take 10 assistants with them?

I skimmed my eyes around and suddenly found a Professor passing by outside the restaurant.

He was Chris Benimore, a Professor who looked temperamental and hysterical.

Since his defeat in the last bet, there had been eight restless students behind Chris Benimore who had always been in a bad mood.

…There were a lot.

“I think you should take this opportunity to pick one assistant, too. Moreover, you said that there are 80 students who take your lectures, right? Then you’ll need more than five assistants.”